Author Topic: Warping  (Read 396 times)

Offline amariani

• Zinc Member
Warping
« on: March 21, 2008, 10:31:04 AM »
Hi there,

I'm running AHII on my HP Pavillion dv9640us. It has a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS. The graphics look great but every time I get close to another plane it starts warping and jumping around like crazy and I can't never get a clean shot. Does anybody knows how to cure this?

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
Re: Warping
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 02:41:08 PM »
Could be "your" connection, are you on dial-up?
George "Alky®" Fisher

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 02:57:08 PM »
This could be caused by a number of things.  Most likely, but not neccessarily the absolute issue, is the background processes running on the computer causing it to be more loaded than it should be which detracts from the CPU being to run the game at full speed all the time.

HP computers are notorious for being loaded with an enormous amount of background applications.

It also sounds like this is a laptop.  Go into the game's "Video Settings" and set the "Maximum Texture Size" to 256.  That should help a little as well.

Also make sure you disable any type of power management.

See if any of that helps.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 04:48:55 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline amariani

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 04:40:49 PM »
Since I'm no computer programer, how do I get rid of those "background processes"? I've tried different video settings in the game but it didn't work. By the way, I have DSL connection.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 04:51:12 PM »
First, did you confirm this is the issue?

Bring up the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del), select the "Processes" tab, then look in the lower left corner where the total process count is.  In a good clean Windows XP system it would be between 19 and 21.

Next to it is the CPU usage percentage.  Should be bouncing from 0 to 1 percent.  Almost like a heartbeat.  Might need to watc it for a minute or two.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline amariani

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 05:43:10 PM »
Processes count is 68 & CPU usage is jumping from 4 all the way to 23! Is tha good? :huh

Offline amariani

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 05:44:06 PM »
Almost forgot: I'm running Windows Vista.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 07:51:59 PM »
68 processes?! Wow.  I don't use Vista(got it, refuse to install it) but I bet there a ton of things you can turn off.You "should" be able to cut that number in half.  Many programs start running a process as soon as you turn your pc on, even if you never touch that program.  Post a shot or copy & paste your processes here and I bet these guys can tell you a bunch of them that you can turn off for sure.  My pc on startup has 51 processes running.  After I turn off the usual ones(I use FSautostart to turn them off) I have 34 processes running, which is enough for me to stay at max framerate on hi res in any enviroment.  If I didn't turn all those processes off, I'd lose about 15-20 fps., so it does make quite a difference.

FSautostart(google it) is a free program where you choose & save which processes you want to turn off for sure.  Then, every time you restart your pc, you just open FSautostart, and with one click it will shut all those preselected processes off, instead of going in and turning them off 1 by 1.  Saves a ton of time.

<S>
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 06:23:37 AM »
A lean Vista system will have about 35 processes running in the background.  The CPU usage should still be bouncing betwee 0 and 2 percent, staying mostly at zero.

Make sure to set the "Maximum Texture Size", in the game's "Video Settings" to 256.  Also, you probably will want to disable skins in the game (Options->Graphic Detail).

Vista is a huge resource and so is Aces High II, so the two are fighting for resources.  Vista will win as it is the operating system, so you need to minimize the resources the game needs in order to have a chance of good smooth game play.

Also note, power management of any type in Vista will cause the game to stutter and pause.  That includes screen savers as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 07:38:19 AM »
Don't forget to shut down some of the Windows System Services too.  They are uneeded resource hogs.  http://www.jasonn.com/turning_off_unnecessary_services_on_windows_xp
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline panzerr

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 09:37:35 AM »
Since I'm no computer programer, how do I get rid of those "background processes"? I've tried different video settings in the game but it didn't work. By the way, I have DSL connection.
You may also want to make sure you're not loaded up with spyware, adware, etc in addition to the above suggestions.
Total aggravation since Tour 48...
Panzerr in game.

Offline amariani

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 09:59:44 AM »
I'm also running the game on a Gateway pc with no problems at all, but the graphics are not as good, not bad, just not as good. The background processes count is about the same as my HP laptop. Ran a scan on my laptop and there are no viruses, spyware or adware in it. Also ran the dxdiag and this is some of what came up:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/21/2008, 11:37:50
       Machine name: ALEX-PC
   Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071023-1545)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
       System Model: HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC   
               BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T5250  @ 1.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.5GHz
             Memory: 2046MB RAM
          Page File: 949MB used, 3361MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
        Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
     Manufacturer: NVIDIA
        Chip type: GeForce 8600M GS
         DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
       Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&SUBSYS_30CC103C&REV_A1
   Display Memory: 1008 MB
 Dedicated Memory: 241 MB
    Shared Memory: 767 MB
     Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
          Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
      Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
   Driver Version: 7.15.0011.0123 (English)
      DDI Version: 9Ex
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
 Driver Date/Size: 5/1/2007 06:27:00, 4763648 bytes
      WHQL Logo'd: Yes
  WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4765-11CF-F773-C71001C2CA35}
        Vendor ID: 0x10DE
        Device ID: 0x0425
        SubSys ID: 0x30CC103C
      Revision ID: 0x00A1
      Revision ID: 0x00A1
      Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C