Author Topic: LGM Films Presents... The Thousand Mile War FSO  (Read 698 times)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
LGM Films Presents... The Thousand Mile War FSO
« on: March 14, 2008, 06:44:16 AM »
Thank you ShaunBN and Strip for helping me film parts of this film by flying very nice and giving a few ideas on Wednesday night and thank you Hornet36 for loading the Aleutian Map right after your Snapshot event was done.  <S>

The past three nights I've been working on making a film for this FSO event.  I hope it educates and entertains many FSO pilots.  If I had more time, I'd make it even cooler with more detail, but time is never on my side.  I did my research on this event rather quickly, but I hope I got everything correct.

Click picture to download film.

This is also posted in the FSO Forum.
Link to FSO thread

Hope to see you all there at FSO!
<S>
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline wooly15

• Copper Member
Re: LGM Films Presents... The Thousand Mile War FSO
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 09:41:02 AM »
AWESOME!  I'm pumped now. :aok

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 02:45:54 PM »
Nice work Kermit! Loved the history of it, and the transition from the real map to the AH map!  :aok

I think you need my p-38 sounds, cuz the fly-by didn't sound right to me... hit me up if you want 'em.

WTG on another great film champ!

Mathis
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 04:13:37 PM »
Excellent - made me want to fly in the FSO right now - which is a bugger, as I'm on a week of nights.... :cry

Top Job Kermit,  :aok

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 11:48:38 PM »
If I understand right, there's 38's in this? :D  Damn this slow download.

donkey
2sBlind

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 12:18:18 AM »
Nice work Kermit.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline snowey

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 08:09:35 AM »
one problem on the numbers 400 + other than that it was great :aok
snowey
=55th=VelociRaptors
Flying since tour 79
VansCrew is a traitor and deserves to be shot
yes i know i cant spell so don't say anything about it

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 07:49:26 PM »
Really nice to hear you fellas like it and that it "pumped" you up for FSO!

I'm going to work on part two now.

When I said "To Be Continued" I was referring to You to finish the story by flying.  I'll need to work on sending my message better :)
hmm, just got an idea...(writes it down)

Who is LGM Films?
LGM films is a group of volunteers who help me make a film.  Without the them, these films would not be what they are.
"Carrier Sortie" had many volunteers like Betty, Ren, Golfer, Winstone, BullZ, Guile, and Aldaris fly stunts, give ideas and offer the voices.  Even bbs posters offered constructive critizism that DID help improve this story.  It was released twice before the final version was released.  Each time, many said to make it better by having a fight scene, or just add this or remove that.
"DGS" was made possible by the people who flew in that senario and the CMs that made it possible along with the map maker.
Paradigm had some sound effects that were gathered with the help by bmathis.
Thousand Mile War was made with Strip and ShaunBN's help as they flew the aircrafts that were flying together.  They also offered a few tips that made the scenes better.  Also the Map creator becomes part of the film as well as all the CM's responsible for making FSO.
A big Thank you is due to them all.  <S>

By emailing me your ahf file of frame 1, you will become part of the Little Green Men films.
LGM Films will always be a collection of Aces High players that help me in many ways.

I'm having trouble making this next film.  Ideas are what's need at this point.  Many of my ideas are thrown out as well as other people's ideas.  But those ideas that are thrown out due lead to ideas that work.  Time isn't on our side. 

Your AHF files from last friday's FSO would be very much appreciated.
<S>

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 07:52:36 PM »
Really nice to hear you fellas like it and that it "pumped" you up for FSO!

I'm going to work on part two now.

When I said "To Be Continued" I was referring to You to finish the story by flying.  I'll need to work on sending my message better :)
hmm, just got an idea...(writes it down)

Who is LGM Films?
LGM films is a group of volunteers who help me make a film.  Without the them, these films would not be what they are.
"Carrier Sortie" had many volunteers like Betty, Ren, Golfer, Winstone, BullZ, Guile, and Aldaris fly stunts, give ideas and offer the voices.  Even bbs posters offered constructive critizism that DID help improve this story.  It was released twice before the final version was released.  Each time, many said to make it better by having a fight scene, or just add this or remove that.
"DGS" was made possible by the people who flew in that senario and the CMs that made it possible along with the map maker.
Paradigm had some sound effects that were gathered with the help by bmathis.
Thousand Mile War was made with Strip and ShaunBN's help as they flew the aircrafts that were flying together.  They also offered a few tips that made the scenes better.  Also the Map creator becomes part of the film as well as all the CM's responsible for making FSO.
A big Thank you is due to them all.  <S>

By emailing me your ahf file of frame 1, you will become part of the Little Green Men films.
LGM Films will always be a collection of Aces High players that help me in many ways.

I'm having trouble making this next film.  Ideas are what's need at this point.  Many of my ideas are thrown out as well as other people's ideas.  But those ideas that are thrown out due lead to ideas that work.  Time isn't on our side.  We are not making movies that change the world, we are only making short films that hopefully entertain others for just a few minutes.

Your AHF files from last friday's FSO would be very much appreciated.
<S>

Offline MnkyMeat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 10:18:06 PM »
Hey Kermit!

Looks like your film making... skills have improved.  Since  last looked at anything AH.

Got bored at work and thought I check out to see whats happening in the AH world.
did I miss anything?

You still flying typhoons and Tempests?
I may be back on for a few kicks at some point next month... maybe.
I still have my account.. lol haven't Been on AH ... since cant remember when.
almost a year... i think.

Good work on the trailer... you'll be a pro soon  haha.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 01:29:05 AM »
Yo yo Mnky!

Been a long time.  Give me a PM when you come back to the game.  I'm usually online during the week. 9pm-1am PST.
I don't fly the typhoon anymore.  Gave it up over a year ago.  Still fly it for the turnfighting challenge every so often.
I try to fly the sexy birds now, no more flying pigs for me.  :)
Although the tempest is still a cool plane to take up into the horde.

That was more like a pre-event video to get FSO players more motivated about what they are doing when they fly FSO.
I had less than a week to come up with an idea and then make it happen.  Sometimes the less time there is, the more motivation one has to create.
How's your move been for ya?

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 09:23:05 AM »
For some reason I can't view this film. I reformatted recently and don't know which codec I require to view this film.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.