Author Topic: Hey HT  (Read 923 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Hey HT
« on: April 02, 2008, 11:59:12 PM »
I think you should offer whomever has the rights and the code to the first version of AW something and attach it as a seperate arena group to AHII.  I'm sure it would be fun for a lot of us to take a walk down nostalgia lane while also being enlightning to those who never experienced it.

Forget about versions II and III... just the original.  I know you probably know who has those rights and they aren't getting anything out of them now so it seems to me it would be a win-win, even if it's lightly used (heck, I'd go there on occasion just for the WWI arena).

Just a thought.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Hey HT
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 01:12:33 AM »
The way it was explained by a former Kesmaite, to someone who was considering buying it; the server software was such a patched up buggy mess, it would be doubtful that anyone outside of the old Kesmai crew could ever get it to run stable enough to serve the game.  The 3 phase update they were in the middle of when (you know who) axed the studio included a complete re-write from scratch to take care of those problems.  Been 7 years since I sat in on that chat, but I think that's a fairly accurate summary.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 09:00:35 AM »
Moggy guards the AW coad on an abandoned oil rig in the North Sea  :D

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 11:23:56 AM »
Moggy guards the AW coad on an abandoned oil rig in the North Sea  :D

send a flight of suicide lancasters?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 11:30:52 AM »
You can still play AW off the original CD ROM.

I do from time to time.  Makes me appreciate AH's far better graphics even more.

ROX

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 03:22:24 PM »
Is there a place I can D/L AW? I wanted to try it out...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline eh

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 05:06:18 PM »
You can still play AW off the original CD ROM.

I do from time to time.  Makes me appreciate AH's far better graphics even more.

ROX

You don't have to install it to play it? I tried that once but I think my graphics card was too much for it. I would like to try again though...

I have AWII on CD. Can I just insert and play from the disk?

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »
You don't have to install it to play it? I tried that once but I think my graphics card was too much for it. I would like to try again though...

I have AWII on CD. Can I just insert and play from the disk?

Yikes...I looked at the CDs abd I have AW2 & AW3 versions.

Once installed on your PC...all you have to do is re-insert the CD.  You can fly "Missions" (WWI, WWII, and Korea), but nothing else.

Once you see the antiquated graphics from even AW3, you very much appreciate what the team is doing in Grapevine. :salute

ROX