Author Topic: MAYBE... JUST AN IDEA.  (Read 789 times)

Offline DaftDog

• Zinc Member
MAYBE... JUST AN IDEA.
« on: April 13, 2008, 02:23:55 PM »
We could have a limited supply of planes...    ;)

I mean think about it! There were more 262s than La-7s in WWII!

And how are you supposed to capture a large airfield with La-7s upping like mad?

Say you kill 54 La-7s in one sortie. AND THEN THEY ARE STILL UPPING! I mean, this game is all about kills and points, and if we had a limited supply, it would be like...

You get an assist, but it really doesnt matter because that is one plane that is never coming back! There would be no kill stealing, or at least very little, and I think it would make the community nicer without saying, "OMG! OMFG! WTF, man u stole my kill!". It wouldnt matter. If you killed one its not coming back.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: MAYBE... JUST AN IDEA.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 02:25:52 PM »
So? La7's are easy kills. Now, if we could get rid of those pesky Spitfires...  :lol

Offline DaftDog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »
You get my point. There shouldnt be an infinite ammount of Spits or hurris or nikis or anything.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:30:50 PM »
No, you are not limiting my ac because others can't fly em.
See Rule #4

Offline DaftDog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 02:32:46 PM »
No, you are not limiting my ac because others can't fly em.

That is a good point. Maybe there should be a higher supply of the harder planes.

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 04:53:29 PM »
No
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 05:27:24 PM »
We could have a limited supply of planes...    ;)

I mean think about it! There were more 262s than La-7s in WWII!

And how are you supposed to capture a large airfield with La-7s upping like mad?

Say you kill 54 La-7s in one sortie. AND THEN THEY ARE STILL UPPING! I mean, this game is all about kills and points, and if we had a limited supply, it would be like...

You get an assist, but it really doesnt matter because that is one plane that is never coming back! There would be no kill stealing, or at least very little, and I think it would make the community nicer without saying, "OMG! OMFG! WTF, man u stole my kill!". It wouldnt matter. If you killed one its not coming back.
Where are some of these people "dreaming up" these asinine ideas?   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 05:09:05 AM »
I dunno, how DO we capture fields with a huge red cloud of La7s' and Spixteens coming at us?
I guess we just keep them busy for long enough to sneak our 30 goons and 15 M3's and halftracks in :lol
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 05:15:08 AM »
heres an idea daftdog.

On a base those things called fighter hangars, when all bombed prevent Any fighters from taking off for a whole 15 minutes!!!

You could do this solo in a heavy bomber such as a lancaster/b17/b24.  Or you could up heavy ponies/p47's together and bomb them indivadually.

However I think you have to be a Bish for this to work as killing all hangars is a concept primarily designed and implemented by the dweeby.

;)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 06:52:22 AM »
In Real Life, aircraft were limited in number. They were also so valuable that to the extent possible under wartime conditions, only the best (and best trained) of the best got assigned to them.  And a pilot could conceivably have been charged with treason for risking an aircraft the way we do regularly and without a second thought.

In a sim,  any kind of attrition is very difficult to implement, because what you are actually saying is "I've got this great game, but you can't play it right now".

The game play in the sim would need to be redesigned from the ground up to implement such a limitation -and very likely would become something that most would enjoy far less than the current "open" format.

My Opinion anyway.
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 07:48:09 AM »
Yes, in real life country's had limited #'s of planes to work with, however, this is not real life.

Anything that limits what I can fly at any given time other than perk planes is I think looking in the wrong direction.
I just don't think that HTC is going to go there. Long term its a PR nightmare, and a huge source of whines.

Now I could see this being tested in the AvA perhaps.
Some special  events already factor this in.

But for main arena play, sorry, but I just don't see this happening, nor IMO should it.
I agree 100% with Ghastly, the whole idea is that people can fly, and preferably, fly what they want.

I for one would love to see the whole strat game reworked, but doing so around limiting AC that people can fly is not
going to make for a large happy customer base.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 09:09:24 AM »
No.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 01:15:06 PM »
I have often thought of this as well.  I thought about limiting the number of planes at a particular base would work, but then it would get pretty frustrating trying to find a base close enough to up from. 

Then I thought that maybe when a field is capped the eny at that capped base would be higher on all planes and vehicles because of the risk factor.  This could take the place of the over all country eny that is modeled  in the game.  I.e. fly out of a unoccupied field and the eny is normal.  Try and up from a field that is doomed and you have to pay for it.  Might make it more realistic. I mean how many bases have a unlimited supply of planes.  Might make the vulcheed think twice about upping when there are 30 planes flying over head. Base captures would be more realistic. 

I can not tell you how many times I have shot a guy down only to be shot down on his 5th sortie in 10 minutes.

Vans, this would mean your fighter score is going to go up...... :rofl
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 02:01:32 PM »
na
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 02:06:33 PM »
Where are some of these people "dreaming up" these asinine ideas?   

It is because the quality of recreational drugs has declined over the last couple of decades.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:16:16 PM by VonMessa »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.