Author Topic: Thank God for my CCW!!!!  (Read 8142 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: Thank God for my CCW!!!!
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2008, 04:22:36 PM »
It didn't happen.  There's nothing to verify

Well that settles that then. <insert sarcasm tag here>
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2008, 04:24:25 PM »
Well that settles that then.

yep, glad to see you finally actually read what others typed.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2008, 04:27:25 PM »

yep, glad to see you finally actually read what others typed.

<Insert big silent sarcasm tag here>
I have seen no verification to the contrary.
Especially not from you with the spouting off about something you seem to know very little about.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Coshy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2008, 05:11:40 PM »
Dang, that would be a bummer for his classes.  Imagine if someone actually  got in a tight spot and used the 21 foot rule to make a decision.

He has a class in a few weeks that my fiancees father and I offered to help out with. I'm going to talk with him about it then. I'm thinking he meant it as a 'rule of thumb' rather than part of the legal code (which is how he presented it). I'm curious how he explains it.
Currently flying as "Ruger"

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2008, 05:35:01 PM »
<Insert big silent sarcasm tag here>
I have seen no verification to the contrary.
Especially not from you with the spouting off about something you seem to know very little about.

Know very little about?  I did my homework on the related laws.  all you did was assume a  total stranger was telling the truth in a highly unlikely scenario.  Obviously, I know a lot more about  it than you do.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2008, 05:57:30 PM »
If the police are called about someone pulling a gun, they arrive in force. They don't send a single cruiser. At least... not anywhere I've ever lived (Texas, Mississippi, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon). They don't have a casual conversation with the person that brandished the weapon. They don't say "oh... that was a really good reason" then go arrest someone for calling him names. Of course, gangstas with outstanding warrants, guns, knives and drugs don't hang out as police are arriving either.

What this wreaks of is someone that wanted to come up with a good story that highlighted the coolness of a CCW. Maybe it's because he's had the CCW for a little while yet and hasn't had a reason to use it and thought "hey.. this would be a great reason to use it." I dunno, but the story is off on so many facets that it's not even remotely believable. There's no need to "disprove" it. There are no aspects of it that are even feasible.

All the "wtg" gives people the impression that this was a good thing. It was not. Anyone thinking they could do the same thing whenever they see some gangstas is going to be in for a rather rude awakening... if they survive... as that's just the beginning of the poopstorm that's coming.

The scenario, as described, was weak and would result in the person that pulled the weapon getting charges pressed on him a rather large majority of the time. Please don't think otherwise.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2008, 06:24:40 PM »
There are no aspects of it that are even feasible.

The scenario, as described, was weak and would result in the person that pulled the weapon getting charges pressed on him a rather large majority of the time. Please don't think otherwise.

Thank you! I knew I couldn't possibly be the only one that saw how this would turn out, had it actually occurred.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2008, 06:38:31 PM »
You weren't the only one.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #203 on: April 19, 2008, 07:27:29 PM »