Author Topic: pot $$$$$  (Read 608 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: pot $$$$$
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 10:12:13 AM »
Foot tall plants worth two grand? The may be winning the war on drugs, but they're losing the war on math.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 10:33:45 AM »
Hmmm you'd have to break down how much usable smokeable weed you could get from each plant. Then figure the street value of that product. Not to mention what the value of the buds might turn out to be. This is all assuming that the growers let the plants get to there full maturity.

That's more than likely how the officials figured the value. Still seems a little HIGH to me also. ;)

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 10:43:31 AM »
I think they're assuming the value should the plants reach maturity...they're (I'm guessing) about a pound per plant, which judging by the shade they were being grown in is a bit much, but not unreasonable. I've seen plants produce 5 plus pounds of bud before under optimum conditions, BTW.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 01:21:23 PM »
No 1 to 4 foot tall plant is yielding 5 ounces, let alone 5 pounds. When they catch a bank robber, they count the money he took- not what it would be worth in a few years with inflation and good investments strategies figured in. They can say the pot is worth whatever amount they want, and most folks will believe it, and even if they don't, they will try to conjure up some scenario in which the amount might be believable.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 04:20:18 PM »
I used to live in NC, and I've seen 'em spot (by helicopter) and bust a perp for just ONE plant.

At the same time 20 tons of coke was being offloaded on the southern coast.
The war on drugs......gotta luv it.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 05:20:19 PM »
Never understand why the fed dosent legalise distilling THC then tax the bajeesus out of it.

Knew a chemist 20 years ago who bought all the NorCal pot growers pinch and distilled pot oil, liquid THC and pot powder from the distillation sludge for making brownies. He made decent money. He got greedy and changed to cocain. He got busted for selling cocain to a federal agent poseing as a stripper. He liked bringing ladies home to show off his lab. His nickname was Rasty Bob...... :)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 08:48:13 PM »
I used to live in NC, and I've seen 'em spot (by helicopter) and bust a perp for just ONE plant.
ROX

Its actually quite easy to spot the Mary J plants from a helicopter. Use an infrared FLIR or helmet mounted camera. Mary J gives off a different heat signature than normal plants. LE Agencies who fly on the lookout for Pot will make their first pass at night. Then GPS the spots and come back in the daytime to investigate further. You can hide the plants in any type of other crop, the infrared will find it.

:aok
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 08:58:10 PM »
 :rofl That bring to mind the Cheech and Chong movie where their operation is in a tent made up to look like a swimming pool. A hole gets torn in it and Cheech climbs the latter and pretends to swim as the chopper is flying over. :rofl
Lighten up Francis