Author Topic: I wish more people would play!  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
Re: I wish more people would play!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 11:36:23 AM »
Dont be coming into my territory trying to horde all the deaths dang it!! thats my speciality  :D

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 11:37:46 AM »
I feel that hardly anyone wants to play these types of scenarios?  Everyone is hording in the Main Arenas....  I find it hard to believe that only a handful of players like the realistic scenarios.  Why aren't there more people on Axis vs Allies?  I have wondered this for years!

Realistic scenarios:

Fly for 3 hours.  Get jumped by 10 guys you never saw.  Die or run home.

There is nothing realistic about this game. 
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline OldBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 12:31:32 PM »
If you are looking for a factual simulation I'd say that scenario is very accurate, Most any of the WW II fighters aces I ever heard interviewed said most kills came from killing someone from behind that never saw it coming.
 If your talking about actual, that was actual
Maj OldBull
 XO Avengers
OldBull
XO ~Avengers~

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 01:42:43 PM »
Bull, you are right :aok

Trukk,

I think the MOTD needs to have more information to alert casual players of what to expect.  As with any battle setup, you don't want to be announcing too many of your plans on open channel.  The fear of spying, excludes the guys that are new and not tuned to any specific channel other than country channel.

In a perfect world where we didn't have to deal with that crap, the casual player would be suited up immediately and put to work on tasks at hand.  Wouldn't it be great to just go to the Officer's Club and get the latest orders from your commander without anyone else being online?

Since, the AvA staff have made a concerted effort to change setups, the numbers and squads have grown exponentially. :rock 

So, I don't have nearly as many problems with these types of setups as I do with an empty Arena.  This is by far the best thing HTC currently has to offer in a 24 hour arena imho.

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 01:54:58 PM »
Bull, you are right :aok

Trukk,

I think the MOTD needs to have more information to alert casual players of what to expect.  As with any battle setup, you don't want to be announcing too many of your plans on open channel.  The fear of spying, excludes the guys that are new and not tuned to any specific channel other than country channel.

In a perfect world where we didn't have to deal with that crap, the casual player would be suited up immediately and put to work on tasks at hand.  Wouldn't it be great to just go to the Officer's Club and get the latest orders from your commander without anyone else being online?

Since, the AvA staff have made a concerted effort to change setups, the numbers and squads have grown exponentially. :rock 

So, I don't have nearly as many problems with these types of setups as I do with an empty Arena.  This is by far the best thing HTC currently has to offer in a 24 hour arena imho.

That is one of the BEST software enhancements i have read about on this game forum

That would allow squads and individuals to go directly to there work

WOW
 :aok :aok :aok
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:57:41 PM by oceans11 »

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 02:18:30 PM »
Dont be coming into my territory trying to horde all the deaths dang it!! thats my speciality  :D

well where were you last night when b@tfink and company were using me for a chew toy? :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 03:09:47 PM »
Give us a yell we will come and be part of the chew toy dinner

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 04:18:55 PM »
When more folks try it out and find the new pilots flying in this arena I think they will be back for more.

My story behind this is easy...

a squaddie and myself were making simple jabo runs last night, he tangled with a 109 for about 5 minutes in one of the best fights he had been in awhile (his comments). I was in the area, low on fuel and starting to RTB which took me back over his fight area. He was shot down shortly afterwards, so I thought I would drop some altitude and make a few harassing passes over my squaddies foe. Found the 109 shortly afterwards, BnZ'd a couple of times (no real shots lined up but like a said just harassing him/her) and started to RTB again. Along came a 2ND 109 who dove in on me HOT. This 2ND 109 and I flipped, twisted and turned with each other a few times. He hit my oil on a nice front quarter shot and on the next pass I returned the favor with a radiator hit on him. The 2ND 109 disengaged, I followed briefly to be sure then turned tail, dropped the nose and got outta there hoping the 1st 109 had left the area but did not have the fuel (and now oil) to wait and see. In the next minute or so, I checked my 6 to see if I was still clear but instead found a mean looking K4 not 400' behind me. No gun flashes from him, he was just stuck on me back there. I turned a Lil bit to see if he would take a shot. Nothing. Next thing I know, the K4 is 200' from me at the 5 o'clock postion. I waggle my wings, he does the same. He followed me until I was about 2 miles from base. During 2-3 minutes that followed, I had ANOTHER 109 (now the 3rd 109) come in hot, but he did not engage (even though he had a perfect shot on me). My only guess was that my new found axis wingman had asked the 3rd 109 not to engage me.

I sent a salute out over 200 to the 109 over V44.

Jappa52 returned it.  :salute

I have to say. In the last year of playing this game, I have not personally been the recipient of such respectful flying. Keep these type of behaviors in this arena and people will flock to it. At least those looking for good honest fights and not the easy kills.

:salute Jappa

:salute All

I'll be back in for more fun.
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 09:13:44 PM »
When more folks try it out and find the new pilots flying in this arena I think they will be back for more.

My story behind this is easy...

a squaddie and myself were making simple jabo runs last night, he tangled with a 109 for about 5 minutes in one of the best fights he had been in awhile (his comments). I was in the area, low on fuel and starting to RTB which took me back over his fight area. He was shot down shortly afterwards, so I thought I would drop some altitude and make a few harassing passes over my squaddies foe. Found the 109 shortly afterwards, BnZ'd a couple of times (no real shots lined up but like a said just harassing him/her) and started to RTB again. Along came a 2ND 109 who dove in on me HOT. This 2ND 109 and I flipped, twisted and turned with each other a few times. He hit my oil on a nice front quarter shot and on the next pass I returned the favor with a radiator hit on him. The 2ND 109 disengaged, I followed briefly to be sure then turned tail, dropped the nose and got outta there hoping the 1st 109 had left the area but did not have the fuel (and now oil) to wait and see. In the next minute or so, I checked my 6 to see if I was still clear but instead found a mean looking K4 not 400' behind me. No gun flashes from him, he was just stuck on me back there. I turned a Lil bit to see if he would take a shot. Nothing. Next thing I know, the K4 is 200' from me at the 5 o'clock postion. I waggle my wings, he does the same. He followed me until I was about 2 miles from base. During 2-3 minutes that followed, I had ANOTHER 109 (now the 3rd 109) come in hot, but he did not engage (even though he had a perfect shot on me). My only guess was that my new found axis wingman had asked the 3rd 109 not to engage me.

I sent a salute out over 200 to the 109 over V44.

Jappa52 returned it.  :salute

I have to say. In the last year of playing this game, I have not personally been the recipient of such respectful flying. Keep these type of behaviors in this arena and people will flock to it. At least those looking for good honest fights and not the easy kills.

:salute Jappa

:salute All

I'll be back in for more fun.

Yes Jappa is quite a stick, combining skill with class.
He's amazing to fiight against.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:18:08 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 12:08:07 AM »
Wouldn't it be great to just go to the Officer's Club and get the latest orders from your commander without anyone else being online?

This is impossible to do as long as there are people switching sides. Somehow the arena and choice of side has to be locked, if anything like that is to be put into the game.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 09:56:50 AM »
Yes Jappa is quite a stick, combining skill with class.
He's amazing to fiight against.

Great to fly with as well.  :aok
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 02:54:04 PM »
 :salute Wow, thank you for the kind words guys.

:salute 68raptor, that night we had one hell of a brawl. I’m glad you enjoyed it as much as I did and I look forward to the next one.

I’m a newcomer to the ava and so far my experience has beaten anything the mains have to offer hands down.  Experienced sticks, great fights (NEVER had fights like this in the MA) and class acts…  Thank you for the work it took to get this going.

jappa
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 03:09:25 PM »
I’m a newcomer to the ava and so far my experience has beaten anything the mains have to offer hands down.  Experienced sticks, great fights (NEVER had fights like this in the MA) and class acts…  Thank you for the work it took to get this going.

Posts like these make me smile! (happy)  :lol

I :salute all gentlemen flying AvA, regardless of side.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.