Author Topic: Whole entire war FSO  (Read 598 times)

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
Whole entire war FSO
« on: June 26, 2008, 11:16:24 PM »
I think it would be cool if we started next year in 1940 with the invasion of France and the then the Battle of Britain and so on.  It would probably take at least a year to get to 1945 and then we could do some what if like our next Der Zeire Blitz.  I think this would be cool because you would be able to see who won WW2 in the end and not just a battle.  I know this might be hard for the CMs to do but one last possible request.  What if you started out the war the way it started but then you go to a map depending on the outcome.  For example since the allies won Guadacanal-The Green Hell Fso then you might go to invading Burma or the coast of China.  Also Cm's if you think this would be too hard on you to organize completely disregard it.

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
Re: Whole entire war FSO
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 12:16:03 AM »
wishlist?

~1pLUs44
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 07:40:23 AM »
Interesting idea.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 08:01:05 AM »
Sort of been done before in a different event many years ago. Basically we had a whole team that developed a campaign where if this side one this frame then it would lead to this frame and so on. It was a lot more administrative overhead and required a whole separate team to manage .. i.e. what if battle of Britain lost? What if Invasion of Normandy failed? Or Germans won battle of Bulge.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »
Sort of been done before in a different event many years ago. Basically we had a whole team that developed a campaign where if this side one this frame then it would lead to this frame and so on. It was a lot more administrative overhead and required a whole separate team to manage .. i.e. what if battle of Britain lost? What if Invasion of Normandy failed? Or Germans won battle of Bulge.
Was it successful?  If so, I'd like to see it redone.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 07:24:16 PM »
Sounds to me like alot of extra stuff for the already over worked CM team.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 03:01:04 AM »
It is an interesting idea, but the lack of proper AC, and terrains, would make this difficult.

At least in the manor you laid out.

We will give it some thought.

:)
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 12:17:44 PM »
Thanks Sled it would be nice if you could at least think about.  Also would it be possible due to the lack of aircraft to go through an entire theater possible.  An example would be the Mediterranean.  Would start with British pushing back Italians and then would go from there with more German aircraft coming in as it goes.  Then You have Operation Torch then the Battle for Tunisia and so on.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 02:28:31 PM »
No thanks.

Such a setup would limit variety, have far too many terrain and planeset holes, and get boring doing the same type of stuff all the time, with only a minor difference.

Let's not try to make this into Combat Tour or anything. We all know how well that worked for the AvA...  :noid

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 10:28:05 PM »
Was it successful?  If so, I'd like to see it redone.
Yes to a degree. It was Swoops baby. Ran for a couple years back in 2002 and had a core following.

What Sled and Krusty said, it would be tough without filling some holes in the plane set and adding more terrains.

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 10:53:17 PM »
The "CAP" event was what that was.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team