Author Topic: Oh please  (Read 1856 times)

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Re: Oh please
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2008, 04:09:45 PM »
actually, I don't think upping the cap in one arena during low peak times is the problem.  I don't think there would be a problem at all if set to 300.  But the big issue, is that there is little to no time then to populate the other arena.  I might speculate that people logging on, seeing the only arena to fly in has 10-20 people, might be a little upset as well.  It really is a compromise.  One arena doesn't get the a large cap, so that when it is full, at least there is another arena that has a viable population.  The only other solution I could think of, would be to set one arena at a cap of 300, and as soon as prime time sets in, auto switch people....a move I think would totally peeve people off.  It's just hard to imagine, from my pov, that there is a better solution if the developer feels, and community feels (as by htc stats that we are not privy to) that arena size has a direct affect on the way the community interacts.  Also, it looking down the road, I'm sure subs continue to increase, what happens if there is no system, tried and tested, in place to accomdate a larger player base?  I don't always agree with HT, but I would never assume I have a better idea of how to build a great game, and from where I sit, the decision (though obviously doesn't please everyone all the time) is the most beneficial in the long run for the majority.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 04:14:43 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2008, 04:10:50 PM »
Im not going to start insulting people i see your sinking down to that depth so i will not go on ...and dense? ill be happy to send you my IQ level .name calling is the what out for un educated and low class

If your IQ is so high ... then use it.

It's your snotty little attitude that you have come across with, after people have taken time to answer your questions with some honest thought and input, that generated that response.

No matter what your told, outside of what you want to hear, has generated nothing but pissy "I know better" comments from you.  Change your know-it-all tact and you will see a change in responses.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2008, 04:12:01 PM »
actually, I don't think upping the cap in one arena during low peak times is the problem.  I don't think there would be a problem at all if set to 300.  But the big issue, is that there is little to no time then to populate the other arena.  I might speculate that people logging on, seeing the only arena to fly in has 10-20 people, might be a little upset as well.  It really is a compromise.  One arena doesn't get the a large cap, so that when it is full, at least there is another arena that has a viable population.  The only other solution I could think of, would be to set one arena at a cap of 300, and as soon as prime time sets in, auto switch people....a move I think would totally peeve people off.

Pluck ... I believe in "non-prime time" ... the LWO and LWB caps are set to 450 with no balancing activated.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2008, 04:12:59 PM »
Im not going to start insulting people i see your sinking down to that depth so i will not go on ...and dense? ill be happy to send you my IQ level .name calling is the what the uneducated and low class do.Country numbers are always about the same making a cap from 200 to 100 in early day dose nothing for hording.Then you just got 15 in orange that are all one country ...You still have the same problem

psssst.... Slap is right
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2008, 04:16:33 PM »
Pluck ... I believe in "non-prime time" ... the LWO and LWB caps are set to 450 with no balancing activated.

guess I stand corrected.  was just figuring if you left one arena with a high cap for too long, there wouldn't be ample time/interest of players to populate arena.  guess I better contact my boss, so that they can let me out earlier:)
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2008, 04:16:42 PM »
Im not going to start insulting people i see your sinking down to that depth so i will not go on ...and dense? ill be happy to send you my IQ level .name calling is the what the uneducated and low class do.Country numbers are always about the same making a cap from 200 to 100 in early day dose nothing for hording.Then you just got 15 in orange that are all one country ...You still have the same problem
pssst it's "you're" not "your".  I could point out the numerous grammatical errors and run on sentences as well.  If you are going to make claims of a high intellect, you shouldn't communicate like a Jr. highschool drop out.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2008, 04:18:24 PM »
Early day (non prime time) they cap at 100 around 1 pm eastern.  Is that not low peak?And thank you for you well thought out comment pluck.And Steve Einstein did horrible  with grammar in school
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2008, 04:19:23 PM »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2008, 04:20:41 PM »
guess I stand corrected.  was just figuring if you left one arena with a high cap for too long, there wouldn't be ample time/interest of players to populate arena.

Also, don't forget Titantic Tuesday ... :D

All the chicken littles who scream ... "The server is falling" ... and think the arena split is due to server capacity somehow miss that little tidbit, with the arena MAX set to 750 and the server runs just fine.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2008, 04:26:05 PM »
Early day (non prime time) they cap at 100 around 1 pm eastern.  Is that not low peak?And thank you for you well thought out comment pluck.And Steve Einstein did horrible  with grammar in school

Not to worry Sunka ... you aren't the first noob to wade into the "I got all the answers" pool without doing some real research and spending about 5 minutes coming up with the grand solution.

What is low peak and what is high peak can only be determined by HTC ... they have all the numbers that we have no clue about nor access to. HiTech has been at this a long time and this game is his bread and butter, along with his staff, so I leave it up to them to determine really what is best for Aces High and it's continuing cash flow income.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2008, 04:27:27 PM »
Not to worry Sunka ... you aren't the first noob to wade into the "I got all the answers" pool without doing some real research and spending about 5 minutes coming up with the grand solution.

What is low peak and what is high peak can only be determined by HTC ... they have all the numbers that we have no clue about nor access to. HiTech has been at this a long time and this game is his bread and butter, along with his staff, so I leave it up to them to determine really what is best for Aces High and it's continuing cash flow income.
I will...... just as people did with AW
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2008, 04:29:33 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:18:13 PM by Skuzzy »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2008, 04:34:42 PM »
See Rules #4, #5
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:18:28 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2008, 05:35:09 PM »
I will...... just as people did with AW

AW was sold out, they did what they thought was right for them. They didn't have the resources to fix the patch work game engine and decided to take the nice big check and move on. None of the people subscribed to that game had even the smallest chance at helping that game survive. EA had there own game and bought AW just to kill it hoping that the AW subscription base would move over to their game.It didn't happen mostly because EA killed off AW which pissed off most of the subscription base.

Should HT decide he has had enough and sell out there would be nothing any of us could do. Luckily at this point AH still seems to be a "passion" of HT and he is still working on it. HT has listen to its subscribers before, and I'm sure will continue to listen. Thats why I said, if you can come up with something that hasn't been suggested and rejected, or tested yet that can keep two LW arenas even and fair for the MAJORITY of players (not just the few who like to come in here and complain) I'm sure HTC would love to hear it.

So have you got any new suggestions? 

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2008, 05:52:59 PM »
No, i believe i'll just sit back and watch for some more time and make offhanded comments like seems to be the case with the forms.But thank you Fugitive for your well thought out comments,and giving me something to think about. :salute