Author Topic: I got my mic working.. Now what?  (Read 294 times)

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
I got my mic working.. Now what?
« on: July 01, 2008, 07:06:25 PM »
I'd first like say I am now a proud subscriber to AH...  But anyway.  I was wondering,  I now have a mic and I would like to utilize it.  However I don't really know what is appropriate to talk about or say or call out.  Can you guys please list common radio calls and what I should and should not be talking about? 

What I was wondering is are we supposed to be communicating with each other to try to wind fields?  Because that doesn't seem to be the case.  I'm sure with organization a few planes could probably wreck stuff pretty good.  thanks

SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: I got my mic working.. Now what?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 07:22:34 PM »
 :huh
Lighten up Francis

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 08:23:29 PM »
Listen to what others are saying. The most useful things you can be saying now are of air/air informational variety. Such as calling out enemy type/number/alt when you are the first around you to get them in icon range. Don't hesitate to call out check sixes rather than use the ingame check six function. Or, if you're not sure they're in immediate danger, simply say "_______, watch that (enemy plane type)"

EDIT- I should mention not to overdo this. Only notify if you think your countryman has not seen the bandit, or if the orientation or intentions of the bandit have changed and you think your countryman is unaware. Don't tell a countryman about an enemy they are already engaged with, or one that is clearly in their line of sight (LOS). To those who have been flying a while, situational awareness (SA) becomes second nature, and there are few things more annoying than having new players constantly restate what is already known.

Don't worry about base capture aspects just yet. They are complicated and personally I didn't quite care to learn them until I was about 7 months into playing the game. If you are a bit different and are very interested in the base capture aspects already, still don't worry about having to say anything yet. Learn a bit more.

But yes, certainly jump right into the air to air combat communication as soon as you want. As long as you are not restating the obvious, your information will be certainly useful.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 08:36:13 PM by trotter »

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 08:25:40 PM »
Oh and forgot to mention...welcome  :)