Author Topic: Got A Focus  (Read 712 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Got A Focus
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
Gunslinger, the one trouble spot for Focus's are the ignition switches on the steering column.   They are prone to "early breakages" as are Chrysler Town and Country's.   My 2002 Explorer uses the identical one as your Focus and it went at 37,000 miles.   They ate the cost, but just saying, be careful.   Ford decided to spend five cents less per cylinder.   

I like the color and you'll love the MPG and miss your Jeep.   I have my 1995 ZJ and a leased Milan with a 2.3L.   Just replaced my Steering stabilizer an hour ago, next up JKS Adj. Track bar!   WOOWOO! 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 08:11:28 PM »
I would consider buying a Focus if Ford had bothered to bring the 2nd gen model to the US rather than just rehashing the gen 1 model for 2008. The only interesting thing about the current US Focus is Sync.

The Mazda 3 is based on the gen 2 Focus platform. I'd buy it instead.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 08:23:51 PM »
I feel like a glutton, ok no I don't.

I drive a focus for work, company provides the car and gas.  Saves the miles on my couple year old Mustang.  Wife has a Camry, I also have a full sized custom van in the garage.

The focus stays with me after hours and weekends, but I still drive my stang, and van for a weekender  :D  Gas is gas, it is what it is, I do what I want.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2008, 08:34:45 PM »

Please don't judge me, I allready miss my jeep.  I hope he's ok and not lonely!  I won't miss all the knuckle bleeding wrench turning I did on it.  Most of wich is well docunmented on this forum.

Sinner!
sand