Author Topic: Axis vs Allies  (Read 121 times)

Yello1

Axis vs Allies
« on: March 21, 2001, 11:12:00 AM »
I think we all agree? that there is some appeal to the use of appropriate plane types together.  Why not advocate this by giving perk bonuses to those in a group who are all flying the same side, ie axis german axis japanese allied us or english etc.  I havent thought this through, but lets say if every plane in a mission (not GV for now of course) were same nationality then any perks gained would get a ten percent boost? Another thought would be to do this with a squad, say if they agree to be an all single nationality squad (goons GVs excluded once again) then they would get a perk bonus for all members.  You would need to add some plane types for this one to work (ie four engine or better medium bombers for Axis and Russians etc) but if doable I think it would be great addition. I mean how silly is it to see some Jag ## squaddie flying a B17?  Or a Japanese Named ( and played) squad flying a F4u? The only other alternative would be to rotate the nationality preference for each Team every reset. Ie for the first Game Rooks would be Axis-ETO, Knits Allied-ETO, Bish Russian ETO, then next time switch it around, and only on every other game so that on even numbered resets the mix would be normal. The effect of being Axis ETO would be you would get a ten percent perk bonus for perks gained with Axis ETO planes - you could still fly others if you wanted.  Thats not a great solution in a three team game obviously (youd still have ally shooting ally) but its a thought. Best would be two team game but you dont have enough players to float more than one arena.

Glunz

Axis vs Allies
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2001, 11:35:00 AM »
Nice ideas, shifting towards historical matchups.

However, it is my opinion that some people find thoise matchups actually boring, or even dangerous due to possible political/revisionist conflicts.

Offline Skysix1

• Zinc Member
      • http://sky610.tripod.com/skyssite/
Axis vs Allies
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2001, 12:57:00 PM »
I like the idea too but I think most will agree it should be saved for the historical events.

But one thing I saw that made me think of an idea...

Some of the rides have several versions of it in the game.  What if the "latest model" of that plane were the "perked" ride and if you flew the versions under it you could gain more perk points toward that specific plane?  Could make the perk point system (which I dont like anyway) more complex but if it's gonna stick around they may as well?

------------------
Chuck Perry   
"Sky61"

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
Axis vs Allies
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2001, 07:18:00 AM »
 http://events.hitechcreations.com

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
Axis vs Allies
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2001, 05:40:00 PM »
Maybe AH should think of doing an Axis vs. Allies once a week.  All political sensitivity aside, it would give some variety plus add that historical element.  One of the hardest parts about any online flight sim I've found IS the vast differences in nme planes you'll encounter.  It makes it damn near impossible to use your own planes strengths when some nme is flying the same plane!  Or, they've got the T/B and B/Z ends covered!  Real Pilot's generally didn't have to contend with this.  They typically were on a front and saw the same planes and knew what tactics to use.  In here, it doesn't apply.