Author Topic: any COX internet subscribers here?  (Read 177 times)

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
any COX internet subscribers here?
« on: July 15, 2008, 04:09:44 PM »
COX is capping the internet at selected cities.

Las Vegas is one of them :mad:
http://www.cox.com/lasvegas/highspeedinternet/pricing.asp

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
Re: any COX internet subscribers here?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 04:23:32 PM »
LOL

60GB/15 GB cap for 12/1.5 plan? $68 + 10 for modem? They're insane...

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 04:29:44 PM »
I'm a heavy user.  I know that when the internet becomes slow due to heavy downloading, I just pull the cable modem power plug for 10 mins and then plug it back.  Voila!  Speed is back to normal :aok

I've yet to get a letter from COX saying that I should curb my internet use.  I wonder if this only applies to new customers and not to loyal customers like me.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 04:51:56 PM »
Very likely it's for new customers.

What's really funny is that they charge 10 bucks for self-install.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 04:55:21 PM »
I'm a heavy user.  I know that when the internet becomes slow due to heavy downloading, I just pull the cable modem power plug for 10 mins and then plug it back.  Voila!  Speed is back to normal :aok

I've yet to get a letter from COX saying that I should curb my internet use.  I wonder if this only applies to new customers and not to loyal customers like me.

Do you live in Vegas? You would have to be a solid, 20 hrs a day P2P torrent dweeb to attract much attention. Then they will send you a letter to stop and they will monitor you after that. I've seen them completely shut down heavy P2P users.

I work for Cox in my day job. Vegas is one of the select trial areas for the new cap pricing. I'm speculating because I haven't heard that we were going to that. I guess its the way things are going. Gotta make up for all the upgrading our entire network has done the last two years and in the next few to come.

I'm hoping to be out of the industry soon. I see the storm brewing.

:aok
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.