Author Topic: Smacking the smack talker  (Read 907 times)

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
Re: Smacking the smack talker
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 07:52:37 PM »
lulz, Tripl5 got pwnt!
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 08:09:28 PM »
Anybody who "talks smack" over 200 in AHII alot like some ebonics-obsessed suburban white boy playing basketball BADLY should be chemically castrated. Just had to get that out of the way...

My God Steve, you make alot of hay out of people getting stupid just 'cause you're in a Pony don't you?

You need to get in a Jug and REALLY show'em something though. Better handling slow and all 8 Brownings doing the "smack talk."

It wouldn't have been a shameful thing even IF Steve had just bugged out from a much more maneuverable plane after it started to get he better of him in a scissoring fight. The Corsair had his chance when he had plenty of closure on a faster but much worse turning plane, and he blew it.

Question Steve: If he hadn't turned, how far out would you have gone before turning back into him?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:05:38 PM by BnZ »

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 08:33:33 PM »
Way to smack the smack talker. I love it when they smack talk, die, then start with the excuses.   :aok
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 08:51:07 PM »
If it's under 2.5K it's extending, beyond that it's running.  See the DFC's Duelist Rules.

P.S.  It was 2.0K at one time, but it was discovered that the turn radius of some aircraft made that too short.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:04:16 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 09:07:47 PM »
I was asking more as an estimate of the distance to generate desirable conditions for re-engaging, based on the E-building ability of the Pony vrs. the C-Hog in this particular matchup, rather than an artificial rule.

If it's under 2.5K it's extending, beyond that it's running.  See the DFC's Duelist Rules.

P.S.  It was 2.0K at one time, but it was discovered that the turn radius of some aircraft made that too short.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 09:13:56 PM »
Honestly, I only consider it running when the person gets out of icon range and then returns when you're engage with someone else.  Otherwise I consider him RTB.  How am I to know if he wasn't low on ammo or fuel if he doesn't return?

P.S.  I never get the opportunity to run out of fuel.  :cry
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:25:26 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 09:38:43 PM »
Thanks for watching everyone. Vudak, you definitely get it, thanks.

One question... it looks to me like you've got your convergence offset... am I correct?

Dichotomy,  In AHI I used an offset convergence but in AHII I have them all set for 350.

Question Steve: If he hadn't turned, how far out would you have gone before turning back into him?

BnZ, I would have went to 2.5 or so and with enough alt to go under.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve