Author Topic: Strange film problem  (Read 340 times)

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Strange film problem
« on: August 19, 2008, 02:40:28 AM »
I have an AH film of one of the races, All I can see on the film from the AH film veiwer are the planes, sky, water and the sun is there. Thats it, plays fine but objects other then that are invisable.

Planes take off from invisable cv, fly course around invisable air field and thru invisable hangers. Others that i have shown the film too are about 50/50 as to weather they can see anything other then what I describe here.

Is there a bug in film veiwer i'm not aware of ?
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Strange film problem
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 05:50:40 AM »
Sounds like you are missing the terrain the film was shot in.  Did this film get recorded on another computer?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 08:35:08 AM »
I've noticed this too, especially with some of the training films on the trainer's website.  I wish I knew which terrain it was, because I'd like to see the landmarks they are referring to.   :frown:
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 02:04:36 PM »
Sounds like you are missing the terrain the film was shot in.  Did this film get recorded on another computer?

Yes, was recorded by "Shegotya", however she says that it works fine for her and some people she has shown it to.

i have other film, mine and some from other people includeing "Shegotya' that works just fine.

I'm wondering if this film gets corrupted inroute to me, but i have plenty of other film thats fine. i will send it to you if you'd like to test it.

Don
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 02:23:22 PM »
It only works for her, because she has the terrain installed the film was made on.  The films do not contain the actual terrain.  If you do not have the terrain the film was made on then you get a lot of whit polygons where there is supposed to be terrain.

Just ash her what terrain the film was made on and install it on your computer.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 02:30:12 PM »
It only works for her, because she has the terrain installed the film was made on.  The films do not contain the actual terrain.  If you do not have the terrain the film was made on then you get a lot of whit polygons where there is supposed to be terrain.

Just ash her what terrain the film was made on and install it on your computer.

ok, I get that, thankyou sir!

Don

80th FS "Headhunters"