Author Topic: HtC no LikeY Bombers  (Read 1434 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: HtC no LikeY Bombers
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2008, 12:16:32 PM »
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:18:50 PM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2008, 12:22:06 PM »
See Rule #4

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2008, 01:36:15 PM »
By the way , whens the last time you even flown a bomb? Yet your going to try to be a critic about a bomber post ..

Question is, when is the last time you cracked open a book and read about any of the bombers that were used?  I'd guess never *shrug*

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2008, 02:30:58 PM »
Why dose every1 want a B-29 you would just ram into it because it so huge That how big it is We need axis bombers to be added use the damn B-17 or B-24. Peolpe want the B-29 because the fighters kill them so they need something so much bigger and powerful to use while the axis has a small little JU-88 and still waiting for a bomber. 
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2008, 03:03:10 PM »
Another great spammer post by TheMan. I realy don't see the need to have the B-29. Its just to give someone an excuse to say, "HA! you cain't catch me in your K4!" Even though I have denied it a couple of times, I would still prefer the HE-111, on top over any bomber. I think that the B-29, would be one of the last planes to be made in the game. It would chage the game completly, from higher, more powerful servers, to the nitty gritty, bigger bomber hangars. Its not the just the plane that we could make and then fly it around like nothing, it would change the complete aspect of the game.

Thats just my .02$
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2008, 03:14:35 PM »
As usual, the "regulars" and the "coat tail riders" have something cute to say about someone posting an idea or a request.  Every time any idea or comment remotely brought to the BBS that has not in some shape or form been discussed in the history of HTC the "copy paste here comments" start to roll.  

90% of the nay sayers in this string don't even fly bombers on a regular basis and really have nothing to say about it, only against it because of the fears it would bring.  
Let me fill you in on something, there are alot of guys that fly bombers often enough to recognize that there is a need to have more of them since the variety is slim at best, If a B29 would make things interesting in the game, I am for it regardless what they use it for with or without a nuke. There are just too many other screwed up things in this game than to worry about another bomber being used or we wouldn't be in here continually listing them to ignore.

You old timers and wanna be's sure are making an impression alright, one post at a time. Keep up the good work representing HTC and their PR campaign or the lack thereof.....:P :P :P

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2008, 03:38:01 PM »
*Kitten dies*
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2008, 03:43:24 PM »
I would be in favor of that if the B24 wasn't a matchbox drenched in lighter fluid :P
I've been noticing that.  :D  Gotta Light?  :t
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline TheMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2008, 11:29:18 PM »

Has it occur ed to you that the Runways in the game are NOT long enuff to get a B29 into the air??? 

They would also have to redo every airfield on every map to accommodate the B29 ....thats a hell of a alot of work.

Also from most accounts I have read the b29 was a real handful to fly.  So if you get it....dont expect easy street!

Lastly why do we need a bomb (nuke) that there where only 2 used in the entire war? ....ah hello?? .....A far more worthy request would for incendiary bombs.  These were used in Europe and in the Pacific alot!

Helm ...out
I said drop the nuke , dont add it. The lancaster had a 22000 lb bomb and they vetoed that out , same thing

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2008, 11:56:40 PM »
French made bombers too. Potez anyone?

Offline choppit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2008, 12:05:51 AM »
French made bombers too. Potez anyone?

Basically what most people are asking for is a bomber that saw extensive service and was built and fielded by the axis for scenario and other events. But a battle of France scenario would be rather interesting also.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2008, 06:25:08 AM »

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2008, 11:46:15 AM »
I said drop the nuke , dont add it. The lancaster had a 22000 lb bomb and they vetoed that out , same thing
Learn how 2 fly the B-17 and B-24.
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.