Author Topic: Flight Yokes  (Read 690 times)

Offline Geaux

• Zinc Member
Flight Yokes
« on: August 26, 2008, 11:30:42 AM »
Anyone use one of the flight yokes foe AHII?  If so let me know your opinion.  Thanks...

Offline Geaux

• Zinc Member
Flight Yokes
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 11:37:18 AM »
Anyone use either CH or Saitek flight yokes?  I am looking for opinions and usability in AHII.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Re: Flight Yokes
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 11:40:04 AM »
Q. How many pilots does it take to fix a prop...

oh wait...

I fail!
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 11:49:52 AM »
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:54:14 AM by RATTFINK »
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline llama

• Silver Member
      • http://www.warrenernst.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 02:02:22 PM »
You'll have to make do with less hats and buttons than the typical HOTAS setup, and the throttle use will require you to take a hand off the yoke and reach through it - something that's a little tough while turning and burning, but if you're OK with that, it will work fine.

-Llama

Interesting server at 69.12.181.171

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 03:37:57 PM »
Actually flight yokes won't work fine, unless your flying buffs and goons. Simply because they are not designed for the rapid degrees of movement required for a fighter. So a pure yoke isn't going to be much use in AH2.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Geaux

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 12:05:09 PM »
Thanks for the help guys <S>

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 07:21:52 AM »
I'd have to agree with Gixer, the one I played with was fine for bombers.

But was more difficult to make rapid coordinated moves.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 06:00:48 PM »
Actually flight yokes won't work fine, unless your flying buffs and goons. Simply because they are not designed for the rapid degrees of movement required for a fighter. So a pure yoke isn't going to be much use in AH2.

<S>...-Gixer

Depends on the flight yoke.  Any of the CH flight yokes will work just as good as any of their fighter sticks.  I used to use the old analog CH yoke to fly the P-38 in AW at my workstation when I used to work at CH.  At one of the E3 shows I worked at, I had set up a sim-cockpit where you could fly a P-38 in WB and used the prototype of the USB version of the yoke.  No problems at all, the yoke performed just as well as any of our fighter sticks.  Though, it did take a few minutes to get used to using the Pro Throttle with it but that was the only problem.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 04:49:44 AM »
Disagree, I've used from CH plastic POS products right up to the all steel Precision Flight controls. You can't make the same degree of rapid movements with a yoke as you can a stick. Yes you can control the plane and takes some getting use to but they are not designed for fighters. Maybe a P38 because we all know that's just a small buff with a porked and uber flight model.   :P

SimControl in UK has in the works an all steel replica Spitfire control column,throttle and pedals of what looks to be extremely high quality. Though they haven't had an update since Sept last year.

http://www.simcontrol.co.uk/offboard.htm

Hate to think what the price might be if it ever makes production.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 05:03:45 AM »
Depends on the flight yoke.  Any of the CH flight yokes will work just as good as any of their fighter sticks.  I used to use the old analog CH yoke to fly the P-38 in AW at my workstation when I used to work at CH.  At one of the E3 shows I worked at, I had set up a sim-cockpit where you could fly a P-38 in WB and used the prototype of the USB version of the yoke.  No problems at all, the yoke performed just as well as any of our fighter sticks.  Though, it did take a few minutes to get used to using the Pro Throttle with it but that was the only problem.

ack-ack
But you were still flying a bomber ack :aok
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline SKBG Seadog

• Copper Member
      • http://www.skbg.org
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 10:19:57 PM »
I have used the CH yoke. I like it for flying the bombers as a pilot with a gunner. I just can't gun with the yoke. It's just not as fast.