Author Topic: Question for you photoshoppers.  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Question for you photoshoppers.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 02:12:33 PM »
I dont have the ability to post pictures like these other guys. What you do is mask off (quick mask) the areas you dont wish to be affected and so that the area you want to be painted with the yellow is unmasked. Switch back to normal mode and invert the selection and then you change the base color to yellow (paint bucket) and finally select nothing. The result will be the same concrete texture but with a yellow stripe.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 02:28:48 PM »
Chalenge... FYI... this forum allows attaching of images; no hosting needed. :aok
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 02:48:15 PM »
Chalenge... FYI... this forum allows attaching of images; no hosting needed. :aok
Yup, instead of doing the quick reply at the bottom of each page...if you click the "Reply" button (next to notify/mark unread/print) you're brought to a new screen with more options.  Hit the + Additional Options link and you'll be able to attach files.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 05:15:50 PM »
I was a little off in the process I mentioned but its really easy to do. You want to select the area of the arc and there is a number of ways to do that (mask being one). I was intending to have you mask the areas you dont want yellow and then invert the selection. From there you just use the change color tool (Image -> Adjustments -> Replace Color). You will have to use the eye dropper to select the color you wish to change (use a fuzziness of 25-40) and then setup the hue saturation and lightness for the shade of yellow you want. That way instead of the yellow stripe coming out looking like a solid color and perfectly smooth it instead takes on the appearance of yellow concrete.

If that doesnt help then post a sample image with no stripe and I will go down the process one step at a time and show you what I mean. Its really basic photoshop though.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 05:26:33 PM »
I wanted it to look similar to paint just slapped onto the concrete. I do know how to make it appear as if the concrete came colored in that form. Here's an example:

ps.jpg is what I am using.

pc.jpg is what I described.

Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 05:57:02 PM »
My mistake if its not what you wanted. pc.jpg looks much better to me but I would still be tempted to do it the other way.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 06:05:39 PM »
Pc.jpg is quite tempting. I was going to use it, didn't fit though. Besides, there's plenty other things to eat up the fps. :D
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.