Author Topic: AVA VOX problems  (Read 280 times)

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
AVA VOX problems
« on: August 27, 2008, 03:05:04 PM »
last night the VOX in the AVA arena was not working. Can't say it was 100% everyone but everyone that responded to text was having problems. Seemed to be a problem for both sides. It was on the Tunisia map.

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
Re: AVA VOX problems
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 05:58:24 PM »
It wasn't everyone, but there were a lot of people affected. My symptoms were as follows:

Log into arena. See outline of tower but terrain tiles not loaded. Vox works fine at this point.

Terrain tiles load (longer delay than normal). Get message "Not receiving updates. Switching to TCP". Vox gone.

I re-logged and re-booted several times to no avail. All was working fine in the TA and Titanic Tuesday.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 06:41:11 PM »
Do you guys have a ping count in the arena's list for the AVA / and others ?

When my router gets reset or my subnet,ip changes I get the same problem no transmit vox, udp/tcp switch , no arena ping with packet loss, and I always get booted . 

Set my ports to allow Aces high 2000-6000 for my pc and voila .    you may have to set the arena ip's for your firewall ect . remember its 3 different ip's now .

Hope that helps <S>
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 04:50:06 PM »
Four of the 367th entered the AVA last night and after a few seconds all lost vox after receiving the "Not receiving updates switched to TPC" message... I tried rebooting the game, the arena (which gave me the white screen of death) and my computer.  We gave it a rest and tried again an hour later with the same result. 
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends