Author Topic: My First Movie  (Read 905 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
My First Movie
« on: September 05, 2008, 11:59:34 AM »
Ok, this is no great cinematic masterpiece...

While on vacation this week, and unable to fly, I decided to try to figure out shots and movie-making and came up with this little movie.  Being a bomber sortie, it's not full of action-packed excitement - but then bomber missions are usually quite dull.  It's more of a learning exercise than anything else.  There isn't even any sound yet.  I guess with the right soundtrack, it might hold your attention better.   :D

Also, since I'm using a crappy laptop while on vacation, it's only a basic 640x480 movie that lasts around 4.5 minutes.  Each shot was converted to .avi from within the film viewer, since my laptop sux and I don't have Fraps or anything like that.  When I get back to my main rig at home, I'll start working on something a little more exciting.

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll239/ViperDriver/AcesHighII/?action=view&current=A20BombingSortie.flv
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Re: My First Movie
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 12:20:46 PM »
I was impressed with the non-jerkiness present produced from a 'crappy laptop.'  It would make sense for those users not with high end machines to use the Save As AVI option in the film viewer over using a program like FRAPS that requires a lot of horsepower to capture smooth 60 FPS video.  You've done a good job with the camera shots and its a good starting point for your first video.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 12:24:36 PM »
I have to agree with Fulmar. If you know how to use it, export your films through the AH FV. Then later on use a program such as Sony Vegas or WMM to convert your film to .WMV or a different type of compressed file extension.

Great camera-work. With some more practice on sounds, effects, and filters. I can see you making a brilliant film story-line in the future. :aok
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 02:16:16 PM »
 :aok  Wtg on the first one ImADot, hopefully my first one will be done some time next week, or so I hope.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 04:17:08 PM »
Very nice, especially for a first movie!  :aok

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ