Author Topic: How can I fix this problem in the clouds?  (Read 357 times)

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
How can I fix this problem in the clouds?
« on: September 26, 2008, 12:06:10 AM »
I have this problem when flying in clouds. Its actually much worse than what I was able to capture in the screen shots. Its makes any kind of fighting impossible, and it flashes and changes so fast its nauseating to even look at. What do I need to change to get it to stop?

I have a laptop with the Core Duo T2350 1.8 ghz processor, 2 gb ram, and on board video. I run AH in 1024x600 wide screen with 256 texture size and most of the in game graphics options turned all the way down/off.

I don't expect the best performance with this setup but I just wonder if I can do anything to fix these obvious graphics problems while flying around clouds?

The journey is the destination.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: How can I fix this problem in the clouds?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 07:34:31 AM »
post the first third of your Dxdiag here. It will show everyone what video card you have and the driver for it. Sometime someone may be able to suggest a different driver that might help clear that up.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 07:39:39 AM »
Do you have antialiasing turned on? Looks like tearing to me......turning aa on should fix it......

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 08:02:50 AM »
Or perhaps post this in the tech support forum.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 09:51:28 AM »
on board video.

You may wish to check the quality of your onboard chip. Seeing as it's a laptop I can't throw the immediate "It sucks!" that desktop onboard chips receive, but this is likely a hardware issue. If it is a quality card, I suggest looking into drivers (not necessarily NEW drivers, but which ones suit your card through research).
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 10:06:17 AM »
I had that same problem with my old vid card setup - on board graphics
Things that helped at the time
went down to 128 --I do not know how the widescreen setup affects graphics - may be a problem - i don't know
downloaded FS autostart -turns off a lot of the unnecessary programs running in the background -  if you have vista - i dont know if they have updated the program - you need to check that
I read Waffles post about video tips in the forums - made a huge difference, some of the tweaks
But the only thing that really got rid of that eventually was to get a graphics card - the onboard video setups just don't seem to cut it.

Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 10:24:09 AM »
Looks like the video solution your laptop has can't handle transparency.  So it fakes it with the crap that is shown in your screenshots.  Since its a laptop I don't have a solution for you, just this observation.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 10:24:51 AM »
Onboard video chips should always use 256, or less, for the game's "Maximum Texture Size".  Anything higher than that and all bets are off.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 01:49:08 PM »
Aside from the 'onboard video' issue... you might want to try AlacrityPC just dont use the online update function because its bugged and I dont think there has been a fix yet.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 12:11:39 AM »
FS autostart

AlacrityPC is the next version of FSAutoStart by the same author.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.