Author Topic: Why are GV's Invisable (until you're below 1k)  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Why are GV's Invisable (until you're below 1k)
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2008, 10:19:08 AM »
Guys, I'm really not trying to get into a pissing contest here  :D.  Its just I'm not a Military Historian, so out of curiosity I google things I don't know.  Check this site out concerning the Sherman Firefly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman_Firefly . It clearly state that there is a .50 cal gun.  Maybe I got the wrong year of the tank or something  :D

Fred

Image from your link.
Point out the  .50 pls.
That and wiki is a good starting place, however it is riddled with inaccuracies.
See Rule #4

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2008, 10:24:34 AM »
Image from your link.(Image removed from quote.)
Point out the  .50 pls.
That and wiki is a good starting place, however it is riddled with inaccuracies.

I can only go by what I read...I can find a bunch of pictures of Shermans with no machine gun.  Since were looking for machine guns in the pic. you posted,,,show me the .30 cal.?  ;)

Fred
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 10:30:14 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2008, 10:54:36 AM »
I can only go by what I read...I can find a bunch of pictures of Shermans with no machine gun.  Since were looking for machine guns in the pic. you posted,,,show me the .30 cal.?  ;)

Fred

:D

Edit: Now lets see one with a .50. :aok
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 10:57:41 AM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2008, 11:51:36 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
 :D

Edit: Now lets see one with a .50. :aok

I don't know how to post pictures, but go to www.cybermodeler.com/armor/m4/m4_gallery.shtml and look at the bottom row of pictures.  The pictures are labeled as M4's and by the looks of the main gun its a Firefly.  I have no idea when the pictures were taken.

Bronk, you are starting to take this a bit personal.  I made the following statement in an earlier post "To be honest with you I would settle for a 50 cal on the tanks, at least we would have some chance of defending ourselves.".  I never said they did, but when I was told they didn't, just our of curiosity, I did a simple Google search, and in Wiki, two different sites stated they did.  Now you come back wanting me to prove that they did, when in fact you have not showed any sources, other than a couple of pictures, that they didn't.

I clearly stated that I am not a WW2 expert in anything.  I just did a simple search out of curiosity.  I then get told that my source is inaccurate.  I was asked to find a picture, and I think I did.  I'm not really sure, because I can hardly tell one tank from another, but the picture is labeled an M4 and the gun sure looks like a Firefly's gun, and I am pretty sure thats a .50 on top.

Bronk it sure looks like your wanting to start something out of nothing, and I have grown tired of this subject.  This will be my final post, right or wrong.  I will concede to you they didn't mount 50's on Fireflys, because for the most part I really don't care.  I  was just a bit bored this morning, and played around on the Internet a bit.  :salute

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2008, 11:54:27 AM »
You asked so I posted. Not starting anything. Just letting you know that it's been gone over before though.
Bottom 2 are eazy8s.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 12:43:37 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4