Author Topic: Gunsight  (Read 370 times)

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
Gunsight
« on: October 10, 2008, 08:40:01 PM »
I found a gunsight I like, and i go to save it in my Gunsights Folder, but it says that I need to contact the Administrator of my computer, however I am the Administrator. I am running Vista, which (A) i dont fully understand and (B) i feel just sucks ass. anyway, wondering if the Skuzzinator had any tricks up his sleeve, id rather not call customer service if i dont have to, hate the snobs on the other end of the line.....
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Gunsight
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 11:33:37 PM »
Check this link for 'where are my files and folders':

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,71591.msg2932059.html#msg2932059

My suggestion is to reinstall AHII in a folder other then c:\Program Files or make a shortcut to the 'hidden resources' and leave it on your desktop because you will find more and more reasons you need it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 11:23:52 AM »
didnt work Chalange. Ill wait on more posts and try different things, if all else fails ill cal customer Service or see my Computer geek in school. :salute
MasonZ - In-game ID

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 02:30:08 PM »
Well now that I have moved everything to another folder it would be difficult for me to see if its even in the VirtualStore area. What you want is a folder called 'sights' under \HTC\Aces High II and if you found that and it wont let you save a file there then I understand why you feel the way you do. If you install to your own folder structure you wont have this problem again. I installed AHII to c:\Program Folders and I dont have problems anymore.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 03:37:39 PM »
I'd listen to Chalenge. When it comes to vista, he's the one thats got more of it figured out then pretty much any one else on the boards.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 03:39:07 PM »
ty for the tip Fugitive,  :salute sir. im trying what chalenge most recently posted.
MasonZ - In-game ID

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 03:41:32 PM »
Chalange, what you most recently posted worked sir. thank you for the help  :salute
MasonZ - In-game ID

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 06:50:22 AM »
We are advising all Vista users to install the game outside the "Program Files" folder.  It solves a huge number of problems with Vista.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com