Author Topic: Is it just me....  (Read 295 times)

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Is it just me....
« on: October 12, 2008, 06:40:19 AM »
Or is the P-47 a more capable turner than most give it credit for? I've just gotten several Pm's this last week saying " how in the heck did you out turn my spitfire "... :D

And those 8x .50cals makes short work of those fragile little wings. Can't forget about those pesky 109s, they burn nicely too!  ;)

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
Re: Is it just me....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 06:48:17 AM »
P-47's turn very well with E and a notch of flaps, but after a few loops, your E burns out, annnnd you might get in trouble when the spitfire decides to change to a vertical loop...
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:00:28 AM »
P-47's turn very well with E and a notch of flaps, but after a few loops, your E burns out, annnnd you might get in trouble when the spitfire decides to change to a vertical loop...

No problems there, that's were majority of my spitfire kills are, when they decide they can do some vertical maneuvers and i have some E. Just point, shoot, egress  :)

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 07:15:03 AM »
That's because most spitsies have stall limiter enabled and don't even turn at the edge of that. Everything is a great turner against the right person  :salute

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 10:42:04 AM »
Spits have so much power that without throttle management they easily stay too fast to turn to maximum potential.

But yeah, 47s are surprisingly nice in the turn w/flaps. Gives you an idea of the what the Mustang SHOULD be like.