Author Topic: New forum section  (Read 372 times)

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
New forum section
« on: October 26, 2008, 12:01:36 AM »
Why not add a for sale/ want to buy section?

Place where you could sell your used but good equiptment to someone.  If you up graded or stop playing the game.  I have an X52 now and my old ST290pro just sits there.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Re: New forum section
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 04:33:53 AM »
There's already a HUGE forum for that.

It's called Ebay. :)
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 08:49:16 AM »
Its called liability, and if HTC sponsored such a forum they would in theory be liable for any and all problems.

So don't expect to see it anytime soon.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 08:53:16 AM »
Why not add a for sale/ want to buy section?

Place where you could sell your used but good equiptment to someone.  If you up graded or stop playing the game.  I have an X52 now and my old ST290pro just sits there.

I bought an X52 from a player back in January for a deep discount via his Paypal.   HTC was only the "vehicle" of the sale, but to make a section for it puts them in a postion that they DO NOT want to be in.   

I just went on 200 and said "I just snapped my throttle".   I've had another sent to me for free "so his wife would be happy to be rid of it."    Players will typically look out for each other and if you've been around long enough you know "who to talk too."   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 12:09:18 PM »
Its called liability, and if HTC sponsored such a forum they would in theory be liable for any and all problems.

So don't expect to see it anytime soon.

I am a member of some motorcycling forums and they all have a classified ads section. Free to use and view and none of them have a liability concern.  Terms of agreement could be written up regarding use similar to what those forums have and that is enough.  HTC would just be a vehicle for information transfer not taking a cut of the deal. 
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom