Author Topic: Gaming Laptop  (Read 578 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Gaming Laptop
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 12:25:32 AM »
There is no such thing as a gaming laptop.

Actually there is but you need to pay over 3000 bucks for one to get a 1500 bucks desktop performance.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 12:47:44 AM »
If you're gonna jump...might as well jump hard...the M17 or M17x would do it...and since Dell owns them...you should be able to get "decent" service.

Dell and 'decent' service do not go hand in hand.  As some one that had to recently deal with Dell customer support, do not buy from them.  The headache isn't worth it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 08:28:24 AM »
Dell and 'decent' service do not go hand in hand.  As some one that had to recently deal with Dell customer support, do not buy from them.  The headache isn't worth it.

ack-ack
Hehehe...you just have to know how to talk to them...generally like you're trying to get a 5 yr old to pick up toys...

When I have to call Dell or HP support I start out describing the issue...tell them what I have done to diagnose the problem, and as soon as the person starts with the "ok sir, what I would like for you to do..." I cut them off and say, "hold it, stop right there. I already told you what I've done and if you're going to put me through an hour long session of running through that script you have on your screen, forget it...put me through to someone who knows what I'm talking about"...I always get a speedy resolution and the parts are on their way with less than an hour on the phone...   :devil

You have to be firm and direct...just like dealing with a child.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 05:03:50 PM »
Cyberpowerpc.com

Almost all their laptops are gaming with an actual video card.  Their prices imo are decent.  Many of theirs run under 1k.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots