Author Topic: Another "my first movie".  (Read 385 times)

Offline Kitt18

• Zinc Member
      • 337th Black Sheep TFS
Another "my first movie".
« on: November 26, 2008, 11:25:08 AM »
Hope you enjoy.
Any tips and suggestions are welcomed. :salute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njDQn0WD9wo

337th Black Sheep TFS

"Kitt, you got 2 Spits and a high Hurri on you. Let me know if u get in trouble"...sprkplg

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Another "my first movie".
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 12:16:52 PM »
Okay.... Let's start with the quality.

Yes, you're new, but you did want suggestions. Try to pump up the quality of the film, regardless if it increases the size of your final product. What you may not know is that some of our film-makers will make a 5:00 minute film that has a file-size of around 100MB. Really, size below 200MB is not an issue for this community. Now let's talk about making the film more, "viewable."

It seems you were zoomed out a bit too far, on the next film you put together, try to zoom in closer on your shots so that the viewer can see all the planes which are the focus of the shot. In this I mean that the viewer should be able to locate and see you and your opponent. A great way to implement this would be with the camera shots. You can setup some jaw-dropping camera angles with the camera shots feature, I highly suggest you get into it and figure out the system. Just remember to keep us (the viewer) informed by showing us the action (ZOOM IN).

Now, this is yet another part of the camera foot-work. To make a powerful film in the sense of awe-factor, you need to use more camera angles and shots. However don't switch between them so frequently that it seems we have a strobe. So make sure to use it conservatively, yet don't forget to use it altogether.

And then finally, try to find a choice of music or soundtrack that matches what you're out to make. This way you can synchronize! :D

Synchronizing the film-work with your music choice or soundtrack works wonders for the effect of the film.

In the end, you had some nice shots. However I must admit. I dropped the earphones after 29 seconds and immediately ran for the Beethoven CD. :P

Have fun on your next project, and welcome to the film-making community. :aok
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Kazan_HB

• Skinner Team
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 12:17:01 PM »
offline mission? :)
The Few
Since Tour 93

Offline Kitt18

• Zinc Member
      • 337th Black Sheep TFS
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 02:38:54 PM »
Denholm:
  Thank you very much for tips. I will keep them all in mind on any future projects. :salute

Kazan:
  Nope. Some were from the October KOTH. The rest were in-game clips

337th Black Sheep TFS

"Kitt, you got 2 Spits and a high Hurri on you. Let me know if u get in trouble"...sprkplg

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 04:06:08 PM »
I thought it was pretty good, especially for a first.  Denholm is right about the camera angles.  Ever since the setting up camera angle system came out, the bar has been raised on "impressive" films.  I do think you did a good job, and Youtube kills quality, but that music has got to go. :)
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus