Author Topic: High alt RC  (Read 822 times)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: High alt RC
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 09:07:32 PM »
Most of the time when we had range issues it was because that reciver was in a previous crash. I watched a guy go as far as he could see with a spektrum, needed my eyesight to bring it back, and stil did not lose range.
I have been flying for 6, but I started around 12 years ago.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Waldo

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 09:22:41 AM »
 I, Like challenge have been flying r/c for many years ( 34 to be exact  ;) ) I have never lost a plane
due to range issues with PCM gear. If you have ever been to a sailplane contest, you know that those pilots
fly quite high. Range has always been out of sight with the exception of some of the recent park flyer equipment.

I would strongly suggest that after a crash, you have your receiver(s) sent it in to be sure they are OK.
Why would anyone take the risk of flying a model with suspect equipment. Personal Injuries can occur, nevermind the loss of the model.

:aok
I read it on the internet, so it must be true !

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 09:36:48 AM »
Chances of hitting another plane are so slim as to be nearly impossible. But then again when other people's lives are the risk, thats not something to mess around with.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 12:15:41 PM »
Waldo,
Don't need to worry about that now, Spread Specktrum is the greatest, until somthing else comes out that is better.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."