Author Topic: Arena capacity display..  (Read 279 times)

Offline Bomber49

• Zinc Member
Arena capacity display..
« on: December 11, 2008, 12:16:54 PM »
 :O Hi Guys! I am just wondering...a lot of time when I go to enter an arena, usually orange..the population count will show an inconsistency. For instance..today, at 1:14 pm eastern, tried to get in orange, showing a 175/100 population to capacity ratio,which is clearly impossible. Makes it very frustrating trying to get in with my squad..and it is clearly an impossibility to have 175 players in a 100 capacity arena. Here is my question....is there any way I can configure my system to avoid this bogus capacity count? Happens all too frequently. Will respond with system details if I can get any response on this.  B49
You simply cannot win this war without heavy bombers, period. If all the hangers are down...how can they possibly defend it?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Arena capacity display..
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 12:27:48 PM »
It's not bogus, it's not impossible and there's nothing wrong with it.

It's just that 175 players have been in arena when the cap was lowered to 100. Of course nobody get's booted, so you will see 175/100 on your login screen.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 12:29:37 PM »
As lusche said, 175 players were in the arena when the cap was higher, say around 200. Then the cap was lowered to 100 while those players were still in the arena.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 12:54:03 PM »
As the caps are dynamic for the two late war arenas, it is quite easy for the cap to be lower than the number of players in the arena.  The cap is effected by the other arena numbers.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bomber49

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 12:23:07 PM »
Ahhh...so the arena cap is arbitrarily changed by the system regardless of how many players are in? Makes a lot of sense. It would seem to me there should be a way for system to take counts in arena at intervals and adjust the caps accordingly, as in..if a lot of people are in arena and a lot of interest being shown to play in that arena, the system would allow the caps to stay high enough for play to continue there.   Thanks for input. B49
You simply cannot win this war without heavy bombers, period. If all the hangers are down...how can they possibly defend it?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 01:09:12 PM »
Its not "arbitrarily", Once the population in one arena hits a set percentage it automatically opens more space in the OTHER arena by raising its cap. This also happens as the numbers fall. The idea is to try and keep the population growing or decreasing more evenlt between the two late war arenas.