Author Topic: NEED HELP SAVIN SOUNDS  (Read 828 times)

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
NEED HELP SAVIN SOUNDS
« on: April 06, 2008, 04:20:48 PM »
ok, i went into program files, htc, then sounds,saved the sound pack in there, then went in and unzipped it, and i notice no diffrence 2 any of the sounds in the game, only thing i could think of is that its mabee an older version from b4 the patch, if so, can somone link a more recent sound pack, if that b the case

-BigBOBCH
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 04:28:31 PM by redman555 »
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: NEED HELP SAVIN SOUNDS
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 05:36:07 PM »
I put this together for anyone having trouble installing a soundpack.  They all work the same, so these instructions will work for any of them.

In the first pic, I have just downloaded a zipped soundpack to my Desktop:

I now unzip it, giving me the actual soundpack folder, called Sounds.

I now go into My Computer->C:->Program Files->HTC->Aces High II folder and see all the folders/files that go to the game.  I locate my original Sounds folder and delete it.  Then, I copy the new, unzipped Sounds folder that's sitting on my Desktop(the soundpack) and paste it into my AHII folder that I just deleted my old Sounds folder from.

If I installed my soundpack correctly, when I open my new Sounds folder up to look at it, I would see this.  The original Sounds folder we already deleted is empty by default.  If we were just adding a couple new sounds to the default ones, we would just drop them into our original Sounds folder, but since we are adding an entire soundpack, we are replacing the entire Sounds folder.

Hope this helps.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 05:55:16 PM »
k, that was the problem, i was just loading it INTO the sounds, i hadent deleted the older 1, it works fine know, ty

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 04:34:04 PM »
Sticky for the win! :aok
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 04:25:37 PM »
has this changed?
i noticed Skuzzy had a post saying not to delete the old sound file, it was stickied and locked i think.
 if you delete the old file you will not be able to update, is what i think it said.
 i used to just change the name of the old sounds file to "old sounds, and then add the new "sounds " file,
 since i have not done this in a few years i thought i might get a refresher course on installing them
Flying since tour 71.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 04:34:51 PM »
The Sounds folder(empty by default) and the sounds.res file are two separate things.  Both are found in the AHII folder.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus