Author Topic: IR Tracker worth it??  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Hwkeye

• Copper Member
Re: IR Tracker worth it??
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008, 12:13:05 AM »
Well just a quick SITREP on my TIR experience,

I am really liking it!  My kill ratio seems to be up and my SA is much better too.  In a furball I am better able to track my prey and happily I haven't gotten any dizziness or headaches that some have mentioned.  I am now officially a fanboy for TIR!

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008, 10:13:42 AM »
Like what?

Offline Hwkeye

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2008, 04:41:39 PM »
TrackIR by Naturalpoint.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2008, 06:47:29 AM »
I like the product but hate the 6 view with it
It is great except for that - a crappy six view gets me killed every time I try to fly with it
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 09:53:24 AM »
I like the product but hate the 6 view with it
It is great except for that - a crappy six view gets me killed every time I try to fly with it

That only means you haven't set up it correctly yet.

The 6 views you get are the same as with hat views, or even better because you can quickly move left or right to view around the headrest on the other side.

Apart from using a quite agressive profile (several guys have posted theirs on this BBS), it's important to lean forward a bit when initially centering your TIR when looking forward in cockpit.
The effect from this: When you now turn your head to look back, you already have maximum spepration from headrest, such increasing your field of view to the maximum.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 10:11:30 AM »
I haven't tried it yet, but i just realized that in the options, view menu from the clipboard you can set the trackir to snap mode.  I have a centering button, so now i'm going to map a pan(which is normal), and snap (maybe for gv's and bombers) instead of shutting it off. 
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2008, 02:20:36 PM »
I haven't tried it yet, but i just realized that in the options, view menu from the clipboard you can set the trackir to snap mode.  I have a centering button, so now i'm going to map a pan(which is normal), and snap (maybe for gv's and bombers) instead of shutting it off. 
No, I don't think that's the way it works.  Pan and snap are for the normal views.  What I've found works best for GV's is to toggle TIR off and on.  On when you're just looking around from the commander's hatch but you need TIR off in order to properly center the cannon sight.  When you do this you have to have your POV switch mapped to views.  Map both a centering button and pause and you can rapidly switch between normal AH POV hat switch views and TIR.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2008, 05:12:23 PM »
What I've found works best for GV's is to toggle TIR off and on.  On when you're just looking around from the commander's hatch but you need TIR off in order to properly center the cannon sight.  When you do this you have to have your POV switch mapped to views.  Map both a centering button and pause and you can rapidly switch between normal AH POV hat switch views and TIR.
Pretty much how i've been doing it. Center is on the keyboard, Off is mapped to a hat button. I do a one, two combo real fast so things are centered and trackir is off.
 I'll mess with the snap views later, and let you know if it's worth it or not.

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2008, 01:56:42 PM »
OK, snap mode with trackir didn't work like i thought it would.

Instead of the instant snap you get when using your hat switch, with the trackir enabled  snap mode, there  still is a bit of motion before it would actually snap.  For example, when i would look up, i expected it to immediately to snap to the up position, but instead the view would drift up like it was still in pan mode before it would snap.

Maybe that can be fixed with a future patch.

Ingame- Ozone

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2008, 12:36:25 PM »
Why would you want to have the TIR snap to a position (like using the normal view buttons)?  That seems to me to defeat the purpose of using TIR.  I only disable my TIR when in the tower or a GV.  I have no problem moving my view quickly enough to wherever I need it, using TIR with a semi-agressive profile.  I also have no problem with the "6" view in whatever I'm flying.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2008, 10:33:23 PM »
Because in a gv, or in bombers, you can't use the regular pan view, you have to shut it down and go back to hat views.

If it worked like the regular snap view, then when you use gv's or bombers, you wouldn't have to shut it off at all. 

It's really not a big deal, just something i wanted to try as an experiment.

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Hwkeye

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2008, 01:22:38 AM »
No, I don't think that's the way it works.  Pan and snap are for the normal views.  What I've found works best for GV's is to toggle TIR off and on.  On when you're just looking around from the commander's hatch but you need TIR off in order to properly center the cannon sight.  When you do this you have to have your POV switch mapped to views.  Map both a centering button and pause and you can rapidly switch between normal AH POV hat switch views and TIR.

Mace, How do you 'toggle TIR off and on" while in AHII??  Couldn't seem to find how to do that anywhere. (BTW excellent rundown on how to setup the TIR  :salute)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2008, 01:32:56 AM »
Open up Track IR, highlight your profile, click on edit, hot keys, assign a button/key to pause, center (and precision if you want - tho I dont use that particular one as it slows trackir down too much for me). In game, if you need to stop it, hit pause and then center to ensure you are looking square thru the sites. Once you need it again, hit your pause button and your away.

hth,

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2008, 11:44:11 AM »
Wursel has it right.  Map the pause key in the TIR software. Also make sure you have at least center mapped to a stick button. However, like I've mentioned before I do not recommend using the center function to center the view on screen like this because it's purpose is to tell TIR when your head is centered. Just hitting center without first aligning your head will introduce errors. Instead hit pause and then forward view on your view hat. That'll align the view without affecting the TIR center.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF