Author Topic: What's going on in AvA lately?  (Read 772 times)

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
What's going on in AvA lately?
« on: January 21, 2009, 01:15:26 PM »
Greetings Gents..  I haven't been in the AvA arena in a long time (probably over a year) and even then I think it was only for one round of particular planes.. 
Is this a good alternative to the MA?  Forgive my laziness in not finding out myself... :frown:
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: What's going on in AvA lately?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 01:28:07 PM »
Greetings Gents..  I haven't been in the AvA arena in a long time (probably over a year) and even then I think it was only for one round of particular planes.. 
Is this a good alternative to the MA?  Forgive my laziness in not finding out myself... :frown:

A good main arena alternative?  Strictly speaking, no, it's nothing like the main arena. ;)  But is it fun?  Frequently, depending on the map and distance between the bases (too close is just as bad as too far).
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 09:54:18 AM »
I'd say the biggest problem is the lack of players in the AvA, at least during some times of the day. Kind of a catch 22: No one wants to go there because nobody's ever there. It takes at least one or two dedicated souls to go in there and hang out to attract other players. I don't often have the patience for that.

Also, imo, because of the lower numbers of players the arena becomes pretty much a dogfight or furball arena by default. I don't mind that sometimes but I like to do a little bit of everything.

I suppose what I like best are the different maps (and terrain sometimes) used.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 01:28:01 PM »
I go in there by myself hoping to attract a little opposition, but at the times i do, its almost always someone with a numbers name or someone else I've never heard of who either sits in their tower or comes to the same side I'm on and milkruns. They usually do one run and leave, or leave as soon as I switch to oppose them.

Off times are VERY OFF in the AvA. :)
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 01:35:24 PM »
Also, imo, because of the lower numbers of players the arena becomes pretty much a dogfight or furball arena by default. I don't mind that sometimes but I like to do a little bit of everything.

Whether people dogfight or land-grab has nothing to do with the number of players.  Just look at the mid-war arena: it has few people, and half are constantly land-grabbing or in gv's.

That the AvA has lots of dogfighting despite the low numbers speaks to the kind of players they are and not their numbers.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 03:48:37 PM »
That the AvA has lots of dogfighting despite the low numbers speaks to the kind of players they are and not their numbers.

Perhaps. I just know when I've been in there 6, maybe 8, is a large group. If someone does try to grab a base, sometimes the arena is set so it can be near impossible for just one or two guys to grab a base.

I've seen v bases flashing and gone to defend the base. Usually, if I kill the aggressor, that's the end of it. They go back to dogfights, or log off.

But, I suppose the majority of players there prefer dogfights.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 10:03:45 PM »
As far as fun goes, it all depends on who is in there.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.