Author Topic: Sound in aircraft and vehicles doesn't change  (Read 483 times)

Offline Vart69

• Zinc Member
Sound in aircraft and vehicles doesn't change
« on: January 03, 2009, 01:24:53 AM »
Installed new sound card, ASUS D2X PCI Express, and since any machine once the engine is started the engine sound is running wide open. GV's can be sitting still and again the engine sounds like i'm doing top end. Aircraft, the sound drops off with throttle chop, gets quiter but still rpms topping out. can't even hear WEP. HELP!!!

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: Sound in aircraft and vehicles doesn't change
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 02:43:07 AM »
Wow, I'm clueless. However do you have a custom sound pack? What I would do is delete the sound pack and reinstall it or the entire game. But like I said I'm clueless. I'm sure others know more than I.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »
You might try looking for updated drivers for the card.  AH makes use of 3D audio (I can't remember the name of the library) for things like Doppler shift (pitch change) and positional audio.  If the cards drivers for this are bad it can mess up the pitch.  In my case the drivers had the Doppler shift backwards (planes coming towards you were low pitch and going away high pitch; bombs falling sounded ridiculous).  An updated sound driver fixed it (mostly).  Something similar might be happening in your case, like maybe the Doppler effect being stuck at maximum giving maximum pitch to all sounds.  Just a thought.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 09:40:35 PM »
What are your machine details? XP or Vista?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.