Author Topic: film viewer  (Read 288 times)

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
film viewer
« on: January 17, 2009, 04:57:56 PM »
I have a low end computer and my question is this.  When looking at film in the film viewer, when I go back to look at what just happened, it takes forever just to go back 1 min out of a 15min film.  It's like it goes through all the text from the start of the mission.  Is this normal or is it just my computer that sucks.  Just didn't know if there is a way to speed up the rewind? 
Formerly known as choker41
Proud member of the Swampdragons
IN GAME ID:   FUBAR

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: film viewer
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 05:13:26 PM »
Nope, that's the way it is.  It's especially annoying when you've got a film of 1+ hours and are trying to create shots for a movie.  I think I'd make a copy of the original film and then cut it into smaller sections for the analysis.  It might rewind/restart a bit quicker.

I really hope one of the things HTC is working on is a better film viewer.  :pray
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 05:27:02 PM »
I was timing my film viewer yesterday and it took 5 seconds to run 1 second of film. :lol It took 3 hours of work to come up with a 3 minute movie :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 06:38:15 PM »
Nope, that's the way it is.  It's especially annoying when you've got a film of 1+ hours and are trying to create shots for a movie.  I think I'd make a copy of the original film and then cut it into smaller sections for the analysis.  It might rewind/restart a bit quicker.

I really hope one of the things HTC is working on is a better film viewer.  :pray
I haven't seen too many games that have a good recording system.  I used to make movies from Half-life 1 mods (Day of Defeat) and their film system (called demos) was about as frustrating as AH.  If you fast forward too much etc, it would crash.

As you said, whenever I record flights (mainly FSO's) I break the filming up into 4-6 parts.  Usually in 10-15 minute chunks.  That way if I want to view stuff later on or I want to make a movie out of it, it's a heck of a lot easier than having a 2 hour film which is going to be more prone to crashing/slower.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either