Author Topic: Self Sealing Fuel Tanks??  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Self Sealing Fuel Tanks??
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 02:05:28 PM »
american planes i've seen impersonating roman candles:
b24
b25
b17
p38
p47
f6f

:D

The difference is: You actually have to hit an american plane to set it a fire.
With the A6M, I merely think "Burn!" and it burns...  :P

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 02:09:06 PM »
Lusche do you happen to live in a giant space station and have a minion with breathing problems?   :uhoh

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 02:22:21 PM »
The difference is: You actually have to hit an american plane to set it a fire.
With the A6M, I merely think "Burn!" and it burns...  :P

:rofl :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 02:23:40 PM »
Well sure Cap, I've seen em all burn...I was just talking about the ones that seem to be coated in lard + petrol  :D

oooo....THAT's easy.......and NOW i know what my cartoon crew chief does to my p38 o deth every time i go to fly her......... :noid :rofl :noid :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 10:18:26 AM »
american planes i've seen impersonating roman candles:
b24
b25
b17
p38
p47
f6f

:D

Actually, the B-24 DID have a tendency to go up like a blow torch when struck in the wing-root.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 07:09:19 AM »
I doubt anyone from HTC will answer this or any other little or minor question. HTC only has a few people working for them, and even fewer when you get down to those who might know the answer to this. They are way to busy working on upgrades (I hope!) to worry about spending time answering all of these questions over and over again.

As to the question, there is only two reasons why someone would ask it....

1. curiosity, which I think the original poster was thinking. With the explanations here, I think the question has been answered pretty well here. Small caliber rounds are sealed, cannon rounds and multiple hits (big holes) are not.

2. to complain. If they answer "yes it is modeled here" we will get the complainers complaining about the fuel leaks they get ALL THE TIME ! If they answer "No they are not modeled here" they will get the "but it was in the real war !!" compliants.

Oh come on.  Skuzzy or someone reads these boards frequently (if not every day).  A simple yes or no to the question should be sufficient.  How much time does that take from potential upgrades. :salute :salute

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 01:12:21 PM »
Oh come on.  Skuzzy or someone reads these boards frequently (if not every day).  A simple yes or no to the question should be sufficient.  How much time does that take from potential upgrades. :salute :salute

HTC rarely posts to this forum.  Why should they when a team of trainers are watching it  ;) ?

My experience tells me that it appears to be modeled.  This is best demonstrated during a KoTH D3A round where everyone is flying around streaming fuel.
There is no randmomness in what is hit.

The only randomness occures is on how big your  oil or fuel leak is and how long before fire explodes your plane, and how long you get to live with a wound.

HiTech
Based on this, I would guess you have better odds with the damage outcome if your plane has self sealing tanks.