Author Topic: F4U Review  (Read 119 times)

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
F4U Review
« on: October 05, 2001, 12:07:00 PM »
First I would like to say thanks to HTC for giving me an early birthday present. Seeing the -1 and -4 in one release was almost too much. I guess I will have to take up Karnak's cause to get the SpitXIV into AH now.

Anyway here are my impressions of the 4 F4U varients in AH, good and bad.

F4U-1

1. Beautiful paint  :D
2. Birdcage actually gives better 6 view than other F4U models.
3. Slightly slower than -1D
4. Stalls more abruptly.
5. Turns better than other F4U varients. Handles much like 1.07 F6F with better roll.
6. Is my favorite overall F4U ride for furballing and getting perks. Kudos HTC!!

F4U-1D

1. Seems slightly less draggy.
2. If climb rate was I can't tell?
3. Flaps can now be deployed at G without causing an imediate stall.
4. If stall speeds were fixed I can't tell. All F4U's appear to stall at 100MPH regardless of weight, power or flap setting.

F4U-1C

1. Had major rubber bullet problem last night. I'm to used to 50cals.
2. Seems a little more sensative in the turns. Might be extra weight added to FM.
3. Stall and climb same as -1D.

F4U-4

1. Climb seems off. Tested offline and seems to be about 400FPM slow in climb with and without WEP. Should have 4K per minute climb to 3K and 3750FPM to 15K. Cant seem to do better than 3400FPM with WEP at 5K. Definitly does not match charts. Acceleration is affected proportionately.

2. Speed seems about the same as -1D. Could not maintain 370+MPH at sea level or 400MPH at 10K.

3. High speed handling is awesome. Had several kills of 262's last night. Frankly they had no chance. Voss shot me down in one once but I had half a wing and still could do enough evasive do make it difficult.

4. Paint job  :( . Would prefer either the dark blue Navy or Marine markings. The F4U-1 really is the best looking of the bunch and the -4 looks like the -1D and -1C.

5. The F4U-4 has a -4 icon. Will all varient perks have a icon that designates it's perk status ie the SpitXIV or P-47M?

Just my thoughts. All in all it was a very good day in AcesHigh  :D

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
F4U Review
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2001, 12:08:00 PM »
DOH!!!

Wrong forum  :rolleyes: