Author Topic: Disabling other players skins  (Read 4422 times)

Offline LTARogue

• Copper Member
Re: Disabling other players skins
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2009, 09:42:37 PM »
I have also just recently learned that some people are doing something to they're settings so that bushes and smoke do not show up. That kinda ticks me off to know that because I have thrown up a thick smoke screen only to be shot from the other side by someone I cannot even see. That is almost more of a cheat than the disabling of skins IMHO. I have kind of a cheap computer with a low end video card but I can see smoke and bushes very well. Seems my computer runs just fine even tho my average frame rate is around 35.

LTARogue

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2009, 07:23:18 PM »
Disabling skins? Boy did I get the wrong idea from the title.  I thought THIS is what you guys were talking about doing....

Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2009, 09:53:28 PM »
Plastination   :aok

Saw the whole exhibit at the Franklin Institute in Philly with the Mrs.

Very fascinating     :aok          :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2009, 01:45:52 AM »
I only load what I want to see. Always have.... never thought it was cheating.

Not a really much of a tanker but has always worked well for me when flying against fighters and bombers. I went through the whole list many months ago and took out what I did not want. It switches to default skin then.

Using TrackIR might be cheating, but don't have that either.

Offline GGhost

• Copper Member
      • 79TH FIGHTER GROUP - FALCONS
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2009, 09:00:11 AM »
You gents do understand that the default Panzer and Tiger skins are basically the standard paint scheme for German tanks from late 42 on?  Tans, greens and browns?

But the tanks listed didn't have a neon orange color, red flag or X marking them?

Seems HTC needs to do some changes here, that doesn't affect low end computers.

But you can get a Dual core or Pent 4 system already built to run for around $600.00 with a good video card and all the bells.

Time might be changing to rebuild or improve the game matrix, And some players will in time have to buy a new computer or a better use one.

Time has changed .....And this is showing the time for the game to improve to keep the higher resolution players also.

<S>

« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:02:09 AM by GGhost »
Currently not flying

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2009, 04:57:22 PM »
I have also just recently learned that some people are doing something to they're settings so that bushes and smoke do not show up. That kinda ticks me off to know that because I have thrown up a thick smoke screen only to be shot from the other side by someone I cannot even see. That is almost more of a cheat than the disabling of skins IMHO. I have kind of a cheap computer with a low end video card but I can see smoke and bushes very well. Seems my computer runs just fine even tho my average frame rate is around 35.

LTARogue

the smoke deal explains alot,
 i hate it when someone pops smoke between me and them then hits me multiple times thru there smoke!!!!
 thats total Garbage!!!
 happened to me not long ago, wish a would have saved film, i moved around a good bit thinking he was just getting lucky, yet i knew were he was and could not get a hit, be cause i could not see him thru the smoke!!!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline LTARogue

• Copper Member
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »
But Wwhiskey, some people that do that are turning their resolution down to speed things up legitametly (sic), just as some are doing with the skins because it does make a difference; however, there is a segment of players that do both of these things only to gain an advantage. It is truly sad that score trumps fair gameplay.  :(

LTARogue

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2009, 12:31:34 PM »
i guess i just want to get the most out of the game!
 i like that i can change the colors of my tank or plane, i think it is cool that other players can create skins , it adds to the total experience of the game, disabling skins and or setting the controls to "game the game" seems like it would take away from the fun of it all!
i have spent most of the morning playing with my settings to see if there is a better setting than what i normally use, and yes i can fix it to "game the game" but i doesn't look very interesting that way!

since i spent that time , now i have the game set up even better than before, crisper image's and faster , better graphics! :aok
 it is amazing how much better i made the game by updating some drivers  LOL

and i do understand that some cp's will not handle all that the game offers,
in this day and age tho, its not hard to get a better machine that will handle more!!

maybe there should be a poll to see what the players want more, better graphics and faster game speeds, or slower and less, not that HT would be obligated to respect those wishes but rather to just get an idea of the players positions on this

just my opinion tho :aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2009, 08:32:57 PM »
I have good frames on some maps and bad on others like Very large TT types. 18fps is sucky but in Mid war I'm getting 75 -80.

I run an AMD Barton 2500+ with 1 gig and an old ATI 9800 pro with 128mb. A very good card way back when...?  But need upgrades all the way around.