Author Topic: Question about the Guntesting system.  (Read 126 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Question about the Guntesting system.
« on: October 08, 2001, 01:31:00 AM »
Errrm... I tested it while flying the 190 D9 (that one plane where I can't hit squat  :) )

My convergence is set at 325 yds, and I tested the range at 500 yds. Pointing straight at the center, I shot at it and saw all rounds hit smack in the center of the target (mg and Cannons separately).

Shouldn't I expect the bullets/shells to hit below where I am aiming , given there's a 175 yds difference between the convergence/testing range ? I was expecting bulletdrop and didn't see any. (On second thought, I'll now try it at different ranges.. will post more after)

Cheers,
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2001, 02:23:00 AM »
There was definately bullet drop on the Mosquito's cannons at 1000 yards when I tested them.  I have the convergence set to 650 yards.

The .303s won't even reach the target at 1000 yards.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2001, 03:30:00 AM »
Saint i did same test in D9, my convergence was 300 yrds, test target at 300 and than 500.

At 300 i hit the center with some dispersion.

At 500 all shots droped below the center and dispersed more to the left and right.

What i miss is a scale on the target plate. Whats i.e. the diameter of the center cricle?? Would really help to judge dispersion and drop.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2001, 04:19:00 AM »
Hhhhmmm, weird indeed... I'll try again tonight & get screenshots. (am at work right now).
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2001, 10:53:00 AM »
Saw,

Awhile ago, you and I were talking about convergence settings in the Dora and I mentioned the following document:

courtesy of Vermin

I have set up my convergences based on the above and have between .10 and .08 hit percentage in the D9.

F<     :mad:

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: Furious ]

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2001, 11:02:00 AM »
Ach soooo... zat would make me want to set all my guns to 225 yars, correct ? (or at 400||550 yds ?)

Whould this explain that if my guns are set at 325 yards (like they are now) and I would shoot at a target 250 yds away... the stream would pass above the target ?

I'd like to see that in effect, but the buggers always keep movin' so much  :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.