Author Topic: If you could go back to WWII & change 3 vehicles...  (Read 887 times)

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
Re: If you could go back to WWII & change 3 vehicles...
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 01:29:14 PM »
A Pony with 4 Hizookas.

P51 canopies on all German Fighters.

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline Gabriel

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 09:52:47 PM »
Why?  The ballistics of the MG 131 were no better than the MG 151/20.  If anything the Bf 109F should have had MG 151/20s in the wings instead of the single hub gun.

Why not?

This is a what if , and I'll wonder if I please, thanks. Thats a plane Id like to fly.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 02:36:26 PM »
Distilling gasoline from crude oil actually yields less gasoline than if the oil were refined into diesel.
Maybe for the middle east crap, but Texas Light Sweet Crude (you know, the stuff the US was actually drilling for, using, and had a surplus of during WWII) is easily refined into Gasoline.  The US economy of the day ran on gasoline, as it still does.  The refineries were designed to make a high percentage of gasoline. 

How can you think it is a mistake to design your combat vehicles to use the primary fuel produced and used in your country?
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 01:37:09 AM »
First, I'd slap those twits the Brits.  Then I would install counter rotating props on the Mossie.   :D

Second, I'd kick the USAAF for spending all the extra $$$ on teh P39 when they could have dumped the funds into the P40x and made them better earlier.  I'd have more powerful engines installed into the P40 earlier.  I dont think the P40x's potental was ever reached, imo.     ;) 

Third, I would kick those twits the Brits again and get fuel injection into the Spit I and Hurri I prior to the BoB.    :)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 02:10:46 AM »
1) Rolls Royce engines in the P38's

2) 20mm Gonadoals pod for when i need that extra oopmh

3) A screwdriver so i can take the bullet proof glass off the 38G
Strokes