Author Topic: A Child's Imagination, A picture comes to life ------- Screenshot Art  (Read 557 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
'Pretty sweet, except for that one B24 :P
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
good idea+ nice shot <S>  :aok
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
Man that is so cool! GJ :aok
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Very impressive Jack! #S#

(The boy's right arm is cut off  :))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 05:29:17 PM by Banshee7 »
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
Very impressive Jack! $S$

(The boy's right arm is cut off  :))

Nope part of his arm is at his side:P

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Are you sure? :)

NOTE:  I had to fix my own #S# !
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline horble

• Silver Member
That's a great picture!  :aok
Kommando Nowotny

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
wonderful idea, just a few things... The arm looks like a random kid from below is holding the picture and also a shadow for that lowest B24 wouldnt hurt.  Other than that like i said wonderful idea!!!!
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Re: A Child's Imagination, A picture comes to life ------- Screenshot Art
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 10:35:03 PM »
wonderful idea, just a few things... The arm looks like a random kid from below is holding the picture and also a shadow for that lowest B24 wouldnt hurt.  Other than that like i said wonderful idea!!!!

Additionally, the lighting on the bombers does not match the photo background or kid.  The light source is near side showing highlights the kid's left side of his face while the near side of the bomber is in shadow.

When trying to make something photo realistic, shadows are one of those key points that always needs to be addressed and easy separates obviously fake photos to something more realistic or believable.

And on other note, you may have to apply some filters to both the kid and the bombers to get an accurate light source color.  The background imagine is probably taken at dusk when the color of light is in lower Kelvin ranges - Warm White/Orangish White (2700K or lower).  While the kid photo is more than likely taken in a studio using artificial lighting in a bright white color range (probably 4100K to 5000K).  The Bombers screenshot from Aces High is probably a mid day light source aka bright white like the kid.  Both of these do not blend well with the background.

Props on the idea and take my comments as only ways to improve the imagery.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: A Child's Imagination, A picture comes to life ------- Screenshot Art
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 08:04:53 AM »
jeeeez. Yellow sliding boards are ugly and his shirt has wrinkles!  :huh

Maybe the lighting doesn't match because the bombers are in his imagination, and there's a 2nd imaginary sun. :P

Very cool pic, cool idea, and I think pretty darned good execution.  :aok That kid looks to about the same age as my son, who happens to be addicted to WWII birds, just as I'm sure lots of us here already were by that age.... so that pic really touches a button for me.

<---- doesn't feel the need to criticise.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey