Author Topic: 60 minutes  (Read 484 times)

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
60 minutes
« on: February 08, 2009, 06:09:35 PM »
Anyone else notice this, it started a couple months ago, all the audio on the show sounds like the person is talking into a can or something, it's really annoying.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
Re: 60 minutes
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 08:39:30 PM »
it's really annoying.
so is andy rooney! :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 10:32:05 PM »
I watched it about a month ago (episode on the oil markets).  I didn't notice anything unusual.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 10:56:44 PM »
Maybe it's my cable company or something, because it's not my TV because I checked my other TV and it sounds the same, and I saw the episode your talking about and it was like that then too, like I said, it sounds like all the audio is coming out of a can, and it's just 60 minutes that sounds like that, it just started a few months ago.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 09:12:16 AM »
Maybe it's my cable company or something, because it's not my TV because I checked my other TV and it sounds the same, and I saw the episode your talking about and it was like that then too, like I said, it sounds like all the audio is coming out of a can, and it's just 60 minutes that sounds like that, it just started a few months ago.

that might be it, I've been having trouble recently, FX and discovery come in very soft, i have to crank up the volume, then i forget i did that and change the channel and get startled.

And I think I'm getting the same sound effect your getting occasionally on A&E as well as National Geographic, sometimes it will have this weird sound quality too it and its really apparent when someone says something with an S; theres a crackling noise when they make an s noise.

I just let it slide since that isnt all the time, but the low sound on FX and Discovery is kinda annoying
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 09:40:42 AM »
Well see this is the thing, it only happens with the show 60 minutes, no other CBS shows sound like it, and no other shows on any other channels sound like it, like I said it just has this odd sound quality to it, like a slight echo, and the best way I can describe it is it's like the people are talking into a can.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 11:35:09 AM »
I use to watch 60 minutes all the time until I learned just how much error is in their reporting. A great example is the bad rap they did on Audi. They were saying Audi's would jump in gear on their own and were dangerous. They did this with no solid evidence or stats. Then they were proven wrong. However, Audi almost went out of business in the mean time. I can think of about 3 or 4 more stories where the reporting was more along the line of fables.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 02:39:32 PM »
I use to watch 60 minutes all the time until I learned just how much error is in their reporting. A great example is the bad rap they did on Audi. They were saying Audi's would jump in gear on their own and were dangerous. They did this with no solid evidence or stats. Then they were proven wrong. However, Audi almost went out of business in the mean time. I can think of about 3 or 4 more stories where the reporting was more along the line of fables.
Yeah this was bad reporting, they used customer reports of acceleration when the brake pedal was pushed.  And then they rigged the car.  But this was 20 years ago.  New people come, stupid people are fired.  I expect stuff like this to happen across the journalism industry because there's always some reports trying to get that big story.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either