Author Topic: Spit to P51 back to Spit  (Read 646 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Spit to P51 back to Spit
« on: February 26, 2009, 09:11:03 AM »
I started in Spits then did a spell in 51's then back to Spit but flew it more like a 51.

K/D aVERAGE 2:1 in my favour.

Then did another tour in 51's and struggled to get K/D average of 1:1.

Back to Spit 8 (Yes 8 not 16) K/D looks like 4:1

I guess the 51 makes you learn another style and improve your situational awareness. Then combine that with turn fighting and stall fighting  :rock.

Most of the time you cant afford to be bounced in a P51 its a bit like being bounced by a zero when you are in a spit. Spit can escape most higher or co E planes a 51 cant so you have to look further out. You need to be a better shot in a 51 as you are unlikely to be co E and you need to keep your guns on the target for longer etc.

I am a Brit and I joind AH to fly Spits :salute A good way to get good in Spits is to Fly 51'S :)
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Spit to P51 back to Spit
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 10:22:09 AM »
Yarbles, pretty much any other plane in the game will make you a better Spit pilot because they're more difficult to succeed in. :lol

I can't remember the guy's name, but some BoB vet said the Spitfire Mk1 was better than the 109E for one simple reason: it didn't require a skilled pilot. :P
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 11:17:11 AM »
I can't remember the guy's name, but some BoB vet said the Spitfire Mk1 was better than the 109E for one simple reason: it didn't require a skilled pilot. :P

Heh.  I say the same thing.

- oldman

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 11:27:38 AM »
Yarbles, pretty much any other plane in the game will make you a better Spit pilot because they're more difficult to succeed in. :lol

I hear what you say but say Soda in his analysis reckons the 51 is the best unperked plane in the game others tell me the 51 is the best plane to get kills and not get killed in. For me the best fighter is the easiest to get kills in but I would say with limited skill the LA7, Nikki or even A6 are the easiest to get kills in. With some skill the Spit passes them in the kill stakes because it is a better all rounder. The Spit however lets you get kills easily and you can get sloppy and not progress.

DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 11:40:18 AM »
Heh.  I say the same thing.

- oldman

Shouldnt these comments be in the patronising old timer I hate Spit pilots cos they shoot me down section not help and training :D
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 11:41:38 AM »
Try taking a break from spits again. Land two kills in every plane in the hanger over the course of a month except spits. Then next month you will be the spitfire god! Birdo thought that one up years ago, it was part of the WildAces squad challenges. It also increases your awareness of other plane's weakness, which can only improve your chances fighting them.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 11:43:36 AM »
Try taking a break from spits again. Land two kills in every plane in the hanger over the course of a month except spits. Then next month you will be the spitfire god! Birdo thought that one up years ago, it was part of the WildAces squad challenges. It also increases your awareness of other plane's weakness, which can only improve your chances fighting them.

:aok :salute
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 11:49:17 AM »

Probably thinking in terms of things more like the difficulty of taking off and landing than what makes a plane "uber" in AHII.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 12:35:34 PM »

Hang on you mean land something like 2 kills in a Hurri one in one go :O :eek:
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 01:32:34 PM »
Hang on you mean land something like 2 kills in a Hurri one in one go :O :eek:

Trying to call Schatzi back from the wilderness? :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 03:27:56 PM »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!