Author Topic: Matrox Triplehead2Go specs, does anyone have this equipment?  (Read 293 times)

Offline smedddd

• Zinc Member
Matrox Triplehead2Go specs, does anyone have this equipment?
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:45:11 PM »
Anyone out there know if there are Min / Max specs on the monitors for this three screen rig? (refresh rate, contrast ratio, etc).
I understand the pixel count limits from the chart on the Matrox website.
Any success stories or advice in picking out monitors or set up would be appreciated.

V/R and <S>, LTARjink

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Re: Matrox Triplehead2Go specs, does anyone have this equipment?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 06:55:03 PM »
used to have it, pick three that are just alike, this helps alot
i played with it for about two weeks, in the planes it is really aw some,had three 19 inch widescreens
 for gv,s however i did not like it as much, and since i like to gv, probably more than fly,
 i decided to replace it with one really large monitor!
i do know that there are some older posts with the setup,   you might want to do a search.
Flying since tour 71.

Offline 475FG Savlan

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.475FG.com
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 09:24:18 PM »
Just got the Matrox Triple head.  Also got 2 19" Samsungs to go along with my old 24" one.  Got a Ergotron stand which holds all 3 monitors while clearing out the desk quite a bit.   All 3 monitors can also be swiveled into portrait or landscape, and the stand will let you tilt/raise/lower all monitors in unison.  I mounted the 19s overlapping the 24 instead of flush side by side. This eliminates a lot of thick bezel that my old 24 has.

Im running on a 8800GT.  Im running AH in 4032 x 900 with a 145 degree angle.

Old screenshot at 1900x1200

New widescreen shot

The screenshots dont do it justice - but I feel like Ive lost very little in the vertical for the gain in the horizontal - the 145 angle is the key.  Framerate has taken no hit, and I run in high res with all the textures preloaded.
PUDGY
475th Fighter Group - Satans Angels
www.475FG.com

Offline smedddd

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 01:31:37 PM »
Many thanks gentlemen, especially GALVAN for posting the pics.
I've been working big hours for the past 8 weeks and am going to buy myself a late XMAS present!

V/R and <S>, LTARjink