Author Topic: Make score more worthwhile  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
Make score more worthwhile
« on: March 28, 2009, 03:57:17 AM »
I like how someone with a higher score can take command of a cv, why not mannable acks as well, and shore batteries.  Some may say score doesn't mean anything, but a 2 weeker probably doesn't know how to manipulate scoring system, but does probably know how to hop in a gun and go AFK.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Make score more worthwhile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:47:40 AM »
Some may say score doesn't mean anything, but a 2 weeker probably doesn't know how to manipulate scoring system, but does probably know how to hop in a gun and go AFK.

So do I...

Also, having a high score is usually also result of a deliberate decision to play in a certain way. If a player doesn't like to fly buffs, his score will be pretty low. Reason enough to effectively throw him out of manned acks if a player like mee feels like doing it? I think not.

A general problem:
Currently score doesn't matter beyond commanding CV task groups. If one has a high or low score - nobody (well, almost) cares. You can fly any way / style you like without being limited.
Now if you change things so far that rank/score would really matter in this game, you are possibly opening a can of worms...

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »
i agree with snailman.
Strokes

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 05:57:59 PM »
All I'm saying is how many times have you come across the last remaining man ack on a base and some weenus is sitting in it AFK.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 06:35:44 PM »
All I'm saying is how many times have you come across the last remaining man ack on a base and some weenus is sitting in it AFK.

Almost never.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JETBLST

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 11:30:42 PM »
He said WEENUS!   :rofl  :aok

Well how bout this belial.  If you are down to the last manned ack?  Chances are getting real good that you are about to lose that base anyway.  So when WEENUS comes back from watching Dr. Phil, or Mr. Rogers, he will find himself in the tower, discoed, or that creepy space between where it looks like someone hit the lights when you have been gone too long!

<S>  Good point but I disagree.  You cant have rank boot someone out of an ack.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 11:43:57 PM »
Wenis: (n) The skin on the tip of your elbow.
Strokes

Offline JETBLST

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 11:46:36 PM »
YES but he spelled it weenUs.  Makes all the difference.