Author Topic: To the JERK CM in AvA 3-13-09  (Read 692 times)

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
To the JERK CM in AvA 3-13-09
« on: March 13, 2009, 07:34:56 PM »
To the CM in AvA at 825pm Eastern:

You low life, bottom feeding SoB!  Thank you for muting me for 60 minutes for nothing more than calling the camping M8... You know, the Allied one sitting on the Axis apron.. a candyass loser.  No warning, no nada... just POOF!

Small wonder the numbers dwindle there.

:furious
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Re: To the JERK CM in AvA 3-13-09
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 07:36:58 PM »

You low life, bottom feeding SoB!  Thank you for muting me for 60 minutes for nothing more than calling the camping M8... You know, the Allied one sitting on the Axis apron.. a candyass loser.  No warning, no nada... just POOF!

I did take care of him though. He didnt vulch at all.  :rock
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 09:54:03 PM »
probably the filter setting as opposed to a live CM?  I think the default mute time can be adjusted.  is an hour excessive?  probably.

but remember, the AvA is all about refined gentlemens' fights so I guess an hour was chosen as an appropriately draconian measure to limit the exposure of these milquetoasts to such crude and vulgar behavior as you exhibited.

bad odee... bad!

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 10:21:29 PM »
It wasnt the auto mute. That always warns you first. The only way you get muted for an hour is by CM or people reported your text.

Oh yea.    IN 
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 11:04:24 PM »

Wasn't me.  But I would have done the same had I been there, Odee.  The numbers didn't "dwindle" because people's First Amendment rights were restricted.  You've watched these threads for quite a long time now, I know you have.  The biggest single complaint we get - repeated, over and over and over, literally for years now - is that people don't want to listen to trash talkers, and will go to another arena if they're subjected to it.  You might think it's silly, I might agree with you, but there isn't the slightest doubt that it's true.  Calling someone a "candyass loser" fits the definition of trash talk IMHO.  If you were a newbie from the MAs I might give you some sort of warning, but you aren't. 

The 60 minute thing was probably unintentional, it's the default setting for mute time.

And your "low life, bottom feeding SoB" comment is so out of line that I don't think I need to say more.  I'm really surprised to see it coming from you.

- oldman

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 07:00:45 AM »
had that be one of us, this thread would be locked and we'd be png'ed. guess it pays to keep quiet

........oh yeah and IN

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 07:56:16 AM »
I find that a 10 minute mute can be pretty productive.

It is the perfect amount of time to roll a fattie, get a fresh beer and pinch a loaf. 

If you don't drag your feet      :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.