Author Topic: For the Ju87G Fan  (Read 1100 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
For the Ju87G Fan
« on: July 01, 2010, 03:31:15 PM »
Been seeing the 87G show up in the wish list section lately. Here is some video to make them WISH harder......... :bolt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU6OK1zSxKg&mode=related&search=
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: For the Ju87G Fan
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 12:28:45 AM »
I want my BK-37's!  :x
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 06:18:01 AM by Charge »
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 04:03:59 PM »
I would definitely like to see the Stuka updated with the additional gun package. Would be some fun times popping GV dweebs on the ground.  :D
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »
I would definitely like to see the Stuka updated with the additional gun package. Would be some fun times popping GV dweebs on the ground.  :D
It already is fun to tank plink.... a change of ac is welcomed though. :D 
See Rule #4

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 09:11:48 AM »
+1  :aok

This would be a great addition to the game.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 09:41:09 AM »
Been seeing the 87G show up in the wish list section lately. Here is some video to make them WISH harder......... :bolt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU6OK1zSxKg&mode=related&search=

If you read carefully, your video refference was not of a Ju87G-2, they were Ju87D-3's. It's right in the drop box below the video.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 12:38:34 PM »
If you read carefully, your video refference was not of a Ju87G-2, they were Ju87D-3's. It's right in the drop box below the video.

The G-1 was a D-3.  Numerous D-3s were outfitted with the Flak 18 37mm cannon and redesignated as Ju 87G-1s in addition to the factory produced G-1s, which were built on the D-3 airframe.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Rios

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 09:40:43 AM »
I gotta give this a +1  :cheers:
CO-303rd BG (H) "Hell's Angels" RECRUITING
Ingame ID-barbeque

Offline Avanti

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 06:19:43 AM »
those massive plumes of dust and dirt are what this game needs

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 08:45:13 PM »
It wasn't all dirt, a lot of it was water as well.  Most of what was being attacked in that gun footage, were Russian landing craft.  But there IS another film of them hitting tanks, and the plume of dirt and dust was almost as large.  What I would like to see as well, in terms of eye candy, are realistic torpedo plumes when they struck, and realistic bomb "hits" in the water too.

My question is, how well will the BK-37 be modeled here if they decided to add it?  There is one film I saw of them knocking out a what appears to be a T-34 in a flanking attack.  I do believe in the same film, I saw what might be a KV-1, being knocked out in a flanking attack as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccOXrfBZoLE&feature=related

This is that film...

The 1st tank looks more like an M4 than a T-34.  The 2nd tank in this film, appears to be a Panzer that they are using in a test, but who knows...  As for the 3rd tank, it does look like a KV-1, but it would appear the pilot was having trouble hitting it.  The footage also show's him firing his MG's at the tank at the same time.  My other question is (at this point), if the BK-37's are added, will we still have the ability of using our MG's?
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 08:57:07 PM »
I don't think the factory produced G-1s retained the wing mounted machine guns but retained the rear 2x MG42s.  The D-3s converted on the field though may have retained the wing mounted machine guns.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song