Author Topic: help is a must  (Read 481 times)

Offline crowley676

• Zinc Member
help is a must
« on: March 17, 2009, 05:37:32 PM »
i know alot of trainers are on in the day but night is better for me cause im a stay at home dad.so if there is a trainer that understands and is willing to work with me will be helpful give me a chance im willing to listen and follow instructions well
crowley676

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: help is a must
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 05:50:14 PM »
I'm sure you'll find one at various times of the evening...but don't let that stop you from going to the TA.  There are many good guys there who are more than willing to help.  But understand that they are not part of the official Trainers Corps and even though you will get sound advice and good tactical info from most everyone you meet, there are those that think they know everything and you may get bad and/or misleading info.

So, unless you're working with someone that shows on the roster as a member of the AH Trainer's Corps, decide for yourself if the info you're getting makes sense and is helpful to you.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline mRex

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 05:57:52 PM »
Just go into training area and start giving people check 6's.
Trainers are great but they are swamped most of the time.
There is quite a few others who drop in there regular who really know there stuff.
Have only gone on line 6 or 7 times but have been offered help almost everytime!
Make sure you have a working Mic.

I turned off the stall limiter a couple of days ago and proceeded to plant
about 50 aircraft in the ground but late last night after many attempts
Finally figured out what I was doing wrong even though I had been told many times
to work the throttle.

It never sunk in then by accident I did what they were telling me too and the light
went off and the plane came around without shaking and going for a nose dive.
If this keeps up much longer I may even have to worry about how to land. (LOL)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 06:32:08 PM »
All of the trainers are volunteers, and unfortunately there are never enough of them, but like stated there are a number of people that are willing to help out even though they are not on the corps. If you would like to put your mind at ease on who you are dealing with, write down their name. The next time you are on line go to the scores page and punch their name in and select a tour in the low 90's. While basing anything of the scoreboards is mostly a waste of time, seeing that the guy you are working with has been flying over a year will ease your mind about what they might know. After a year here MOST people have the basics down  :aok

mRex, for a plane to fly you need a certain amount of air passing both under and over your wings to create lift. When your plane starts bouncing and shaking its usually a sign you don't have enough. Find the speedometer (Air Speed Indicator) and make sure you get over 150 BEFORE you try maneuvers. 200 is better. Try not to let it get slower than that unless you plan on landing.....or crashing  :D The slower you are the slower you have to move your stick.

Hang in there guys, this is a fun game once you get over the learning bumps!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 07:21:07 PM »
i know alot of trainers are on in the day but night is better for me cause im a stay at home dad.so if there is a trainer that understands and is willing to work with me will be helpful give me a chance im willing to listen and follow instructions well

pop in the training arena, and just ask politley for help. even if there's not a trainer in there, there's almost ALWAYS someone in there looking to help new and old pile-its alike.

welcome aboard
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 09:54:55 AM »
Crowley - you have a PM.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 04:42:12 PM »
Crowley, I'm often/mostly on at night.  My personal life doesn't allow me to keep a regular schedule though.  I'm on for a few days, followed by off for a few days.  I'm generally on between 10pm and 2-4am Central, but that also varies...

Due to that, I try to stay flexible, and I'm almost always willing to leave the MA and head over to the TA with someone if they ask.

Look for me, or do a .f mtnman search, and feel free to give me a holler anytime.  I'll probably want to finish my current sortie, but otherwise unless I'm getting ready to log out I'm willing to jump into the TA.  Don't hesitate to ask...

Another option is to PM me, or email me, and I'll list the next few days/times I plan to be online. 
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 04:55:22 PM »
If you're online and can't find a trainer I would be more than happy to try to help you out.  I usually fly 8p.m. - 11ish p.m. Central Time.  I've been playing for 2 years, so I know the basics plus some.

#S#

Banshee7
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||