Author Topic: IL-2 Sturmovik  (Read 490 times)

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
IL-2 Sturmovik
« on: April 02, 2009, 05:29:28 PM »
I have been trying out my IL-2 Sturmovik game offline, and now wish to take the fight to the intertubes. Unfortunatly, I know of absolutley no servers to play on. Does anybody have any idea of what are some good servers or if there is some sort of home-built lobby that could be used instead, a la Xfire-ish?
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: IL-2 Sturmovik
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 05:58:16 PM »
Hyperlobby.

This will get you started.  You need to be selective about which servers you play on.  Some are "air-quake" arenas and others are more historically based.  My favorite so far is Skies of Valor (not to be confused with Skies of Fire which is worse than the DA pond).
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0jizzoguunt

The most difficult thing is that icon ranges are usually shorter than what we're used to in AH and what you see offline in Il-2.  For some unexplained reason icon ranges are the first thing most servers tighten up before eliminating external views. :huh
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 07:39:45 PM »
I picked IL2 up, but can not for the life of me get my stick to work right. I bounce all over the place and ac are barely flyable. Is the scaling backward or something in it or do I need to download something?
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 07:44:07 PM »
I picked IL2 up, but can not for the life of me get my stick to work right. I bounce all over the place and ac are barely flyable. Is the scaling backward or something in it or do I need to download something?
It's you, my planes bounce all over, I just have to keep a light touch. Also, remember that there is no stall horn (blarf)

Thanks Gava  :salute

Another question would be, where can I update to 4.08?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:02:01 PM by Enker »
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 07:47:24 PM »
Bouncing around on ground or in air?  If on ground, any ground off the runway is really bumpy.  The grass runways are hard to see.  I usually have to go to outside view to get lined up.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 08:03:33 PM »
Usually I would agree with you 100% that it was me Enker, but in this case I think it is something else. In the air and on the ground Ranger, I don't just mean the literal bouncing. I can barely get it to turn while taxiing and it will not fly level regardless of what I do. I will bank right and the nose gyro's all over the place for example. It really acts like it is not calibrated, however I can not find in depth instructions for the game anywhere. The cd "manual" is pretty worthless on this matter for me. I have played with the scaling and it has absolutely no impact, it seems, on the sensitivity. I have been looking for information, maybe a patch or update I don't know about? I use a CH stick with a Saitek throttle, wondering if it might not like that for some reason.
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 08:03:50 PM »
If you're having nose bounce issues, it's because you have to scale your y-axis much more aggressively than you do in AH.  I couldn't hit a thing when I first tried Il-2, but once I aggressively scaled the y-axis and added some dampening, my gunnery improved immensely.  Fwiw, the lack of gigantic hit sprites for mg hits makes learning to shoot accurately a longer process than AH.

----------

Edit:

Hobo, a lot of the aircraft do not have trim for the ailerons or the rudder, and elevator trim has to be done manually.  For example, if you fly a Spit or 109, it's going to feel like someone is constantly tugging your stick left at low speed.  Because constant right-pressure is required, I use the little trim wheel at the base of my CH stick to make the left-hand torque less of a nuisance.

-----------

Another question would be, where can I update to 4.08?

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1908

For online play you should definitely download the AllAircraftArcade Unified installer.  Sometimes there's a matchup with the 110C or P-36, and you won't be able to fly those aircraft without it.  Check out this forum for info: http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/index.php
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:11:29 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 09:26:59 PM »
Hundreds of skins, missions, campaigns, etc. can be found here:

http://www.flying-legends.net/
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 09:16:03 AM »
great game, great eye candy, great practice for AH
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals