Author Topic: Instantaneous/Sustained turn figures  (Read 895 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Instantaneous/Sustained turn figures
« on: May 06, 2009, 05:23:01 AM »
Didn't someone compile the Instant/Sustained turn rates and circles for the whole plane set?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
Re: Instantaneous/Sustained turn figures
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 07:37:41 AM »
Spatula has a chart with both sustained/instant turn rates with flaps up/down in a comparison type format. Nice chart.

www.my2cents.co.nz/AKUAG/Resources.aspx   Its on this page link.

SALUTE A8Chewey  :salute
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 08:25:06 AM »
That's the one, thanks.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 09:34:21 AM »
Ahhhh.... very nice resource.   :aok

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 07:06:32 AM »
I just wish I could find a chart or something to show the optimum corner velocities for all the AH airframes.

Yes, it is a great resource. Stumbled upon it one day a few years back.

No prob M00T. Amazing 152 stuff man.  :salute

A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 11:18:55 AM »
I just wish I could find a chart or something to show the optimum corner velocities for all the AH airframes.

Yes, it is a great resource. Stumbled upon it one day a few years back.

No prob M00T. Amazing 152 stuff man.  :salute

Chewie, Badboy's bootstrap calculator will allow you to go test the aircraft, input the data, and derive these yourself.  Do a search for it.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 07:28:58 AM »
 :aok Thanks Stoney, saw that. I just don't have or know how to use the compatible program he refers to. ie; Excel, MS office, etc. Will have to give it a try.

Thanks for your input.

BTW, does anyone have a clue if there is a set difference between sustained turn speed and corner velocity? Say, for example, Bf109g-14, sustained turn speed 160 mph (per Spatulas chart), the corner velocity of the 109 is obviously going to be faster than that, at least twice that I would think. Would a (2x/sustained turn speed) be a reasonable estimate for corner velocity for all the AHII airframes or will each A/C have its own speed differential between STS and CV? Just curious, thought maybe a good point to test from.

SALUTE
A8Chewey

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 07:41:22 AM »
:aok Thanks Stoney, saw that. I just don't have or know how to use the compatible program he refers to. ie; Excel, MS office, etc. Will have to give it a try.

Just download Openoffice, you'll have a suite compatible with MS Office and totally free.

BTW, does anyone have a clue if there is a set difference between sustained turn speed and corner velocity? Say, for example, Bf109g-14, sustained turn speed 160 mph (per Spatulas chart), the corner velocity of the 109 is obviously going to be faster than that, at least twice that I would think. Would a (2x/sustained turn speed) be a reasonable estimate for corner velocity for all the AHII airframes or will each A/C have its own speed differential between STS and CV? Just curious, thought maybe a good point to test from.

AFAIK, there's no set relationship between sustained and corner velocity turn rates... I'm afraid there's no way to do what you're suggesting.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 08:49:09 AM »
 :aok RGR that Gianlupo. I will try that software. I just thought maybe there was a correlation between the two,CV and TS. Thanks for the input. :salute

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 09:17:18 AM »
You're welcome, but don't forget I said AFAIK. I'm not an engineer, so maybe you should ask someone else before giving up! :D
Live to fly, fly to live!