Author Topic: Can a cell phone lock up your PC ?  (Read 275 times)

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Can a cell phone lock up your PC ?
« on: May 18, 2009, 04:04:14 AM »
Title pretty much says it all . Have noticed my PC locks up when i get an incoming cell phone call . If the phone is close to PC . Not always but enough to make me suspicious .

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Can a cell phone lock up your PC ?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 07:31:27 AM »
When I was on NExtel.....it would make my Monitor ( CRT back then ) and my speakers go haywire.........

since I switched to Sprint ( although they took over Nextel/merged with them ) my celphone has no affect on my monitor/speakers/PC

can just be the particular phone type/model you are using.....but yes some can and will interfer with your PC/Monitor/speakers.......

has more to do with the frequencies your phone is operating at vs your computer......( or speakers/monitor )

YMMV
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Can a cell phone lock up your PC ?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 08:39:11 AM »
A PC in a normal specification should not get interference from a cell phone. If it does it may indicate a problem in either one - RF protection or emissions are not in spec.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone